4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2009 11:48 PM by Dag Norum

Exporting transparency CS4

Hello,
      How to export transparency in CS4? In other versions I selected an output option that allowed me to choose millions of colors+ and then check export alpha. This version does not allow me to make these optional choices. How do we export to preserve transparency?

Thank you,
      Marc
        • 1. Re: Exporting transparency CS4
          Eddie Lotter Level 4

See "Encode Alpha Channel" in the section Video export settings in the Premiere Pro Help.

Cheers
          Eddie

PremiereProPedia   ( RSS feed)
          - Over 300 frequently answered questions
          - Over 250 free tutorials
          - Maintained by editors like you
          Forum FAQ
          • 2. Re: Exporting transparency CS4
            fuaho Level 1
            "Only the FLV format using the On2 VP6 codec supports the use of alpha channels."
            • 3. Re: Exporting transparency CS4
              Level 1
              William are you absolutely sure about this? I was using Premiere Pro and did a search less than a month ago to preserve alpha. Before I found a reference to select millions+ colors and check the preserve alpha box in PP, I found something about alpha in CS4. I briefly read over it. The author said right click on the clip and select something in the dialogue box to export transparency in CS4. I did not bookmark it and I cannot find it now I actually have CS4.

Does not make sense this feature would be removed from an updated version.

Yeah - I am reading the documentation. Alpha only available in FLV format. Sorry ... don't quite understand why the feature was limited to FLVs. Two steps forward, one back.

I guess one need edit in Premiere and preserve alpha in AF...

Thank you,
              Marc
              • 4. Re: Exporting transparency CS4
                Dag Norum Level 2
                >"Only the FLV format using the On2 VP6 codec supports the use of alpha channels."

And NO millions of colors+ posibillity for uncompressed Microsoft avi?

Some of the QT codecs, no alpha there either?

If all the above is correct, it's for sure making my family jewels shrink when it comes to PPro CS4.

Dag