I've just spent 12 hours working on a project. Once I was ready to export the finished project, I received an error message from Media Encoder that it couldn't read the file. Before I had a chance to do what was recommended to resolve that issue in another post, the Premiere quit on me and now I can't open the project file to try again... Even the saved back up files aren't working. I hope someone can please tell me I haven't just wasted an entire day on this project only to have to recreate it.
I'm working on a clean system install of Windows Vista (64). Quad core w/ 4GB of ram. The CS4 Master Collection is pretty much the only software I have installed on the system.
After wrestling with codec issues all week, a co-worker loaned the computer to me to test out directly editing AVCHD footage this weekend - and until this point, it was working like a dream.
Try renaming your source files. You might have a corrupted file. when premiere starts it will ask you where the files are. go offline with them and see if your project will open all the way. If it does, then rename the files back to original name a few at a time and bring them back online in premiere til you isolate the culprit.