10 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2009 10:07 AM by (tiffythom)

Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 crashes on load with project

When I try to load my CS4 projects the application crashes with the error:
      "Sorry, a serious error has occurred that requires Adobe Premiere Pro to shut down. We will attempt to save your current project."

I have my hard drive partitioned: C drive for my OS; D drive for my data; and I also have an external hard drive which is H. I installed Adobe Premiere on my D drive and saved all the my project files and data on my external drive H. A couple weeks ago I got a virus and I wiped out my C drive. So, I reinstalled Windows XP. After reinstalling XP and getting my machine back up and running I removed Premiere Pro CS4 from my D drive and installed it on my C:drive. I connected my external drive to my computer and Windows assigned the drive letter F to my external. I launched my project file and it said it could not find my data and it crashed with the above message. I opened my project file in a text editor and I saw that file path was H:\... for all my data so I reassigned the drive back to H hoping that was the reason for the crash. Much to my chagrin it was not as I try opening the project file now and it finds all the files but it still crashes. I'm all out of ideas at this point. Is there a log file that I can look at to try to troubleshoot this any further? Has anyone seen this happen before? Should I reinstall Adobe Premiere Pro? I am under a time crunch here as I need to open this project and make some edits.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

-Jeff