4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2009 8:49 AM by Eddie Lotter

Slideshow issues...

Hi,

Please see this image: http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/2622/pproerrorna5.jpg

Why is that happening? It only occurs when I try to play the slideshow. If I stop the slideshow I can see the picture(s) clearly. I can even manually drag the slider and see the slideshow, transitions and all perfectly fine.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
        • 1. Re: Slideshow issues...
          Andy Urtu Level 1
          You are going to need to supply more information:
          What are the sequence settings? (DV, HDV, AVCHD etc)
          What is the size of the JPG's
          What Transition are you using?
          Can you see the transitions if you do not render?
          • 2. Re: Slideshow issues...
            Level 1
            Hi Andy,

I am very new to PPro, but will try to answer all of the questions.

I pretty much left everything at the default settings and they are as follows:

Sequence Settings: Editing Mode: AVCHD 1080i anamorphic

The picture sizes vary, anywhere from approx. 300x400 to 1500x900. Should I resize all the pictures automatically fit within, say, a 800x600 frame size?

The transitions I am currently using are "Cross Dissolve" (between each picture), "Additive Dissolve" (in the beginning to fade the first slide in) and "Dip To Black" (to fade the show out at the end).

I have not rendered anything yet. What you see in the above screen print is from the preview screen, unrendered. I was thinking of rendering the show to see if it played fine after rendering, but I haven't even figured out how to render in PPro yet! (lol)

Any help/guidance you may offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
            • 3. Re: Slideshow issues...
              the_wine_snob Level 9
              ze mataleao,

For Rendering, it's easy. Hit the Enter key. However, it looks like the little line above your Timeline is green, which means that the Sequence has either been Rendered, or that Premiere thinks that it does not need Rendering. That line will be red, if it requires Rendering.

As for you Assets, I'd re-size them in Photoshop, to match your Project's settings.

Hunt
              • 4. Re: Slideshow issues...
                Eddie Lotter Level 4
                >I am very new to PPro

You will also find links to many free tutorials in the PremiereProPedia that will quickly show you how things are done in Premiere Pro.

Cheers
                Eddie

PremiereProPedia   ( RSS feed)
                - Over 300 frequently answered questions
                - Over 250 free tutorials
                - Maintained by editors like you
                Forum FAQ