2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 9, 2006 4:16 PM by Malcolm_J

Setting Frame Rate for Full Motion Recording

Malcolm_J
      Hi all,

I'm trying the trial of Captivate 2 and was wondering if there is a way to set the frame rate for the Full Motion Recording feature?

The playback of full motion recordings seems a bit choppy, so I'd like to increase the frame rate of the capture.

Is there a place in the program where I can set the record capture rate?

Cheers,

Malcolm.
        • 1. Re: Setting Frame Rate for Full Motion Recording
          CatBandit Level 3
          No, there is no way to set a specific frame rate for full-motion. You can change the frame rate (increase it) by electing to disable hardware acceleration . . . did you notice that option? It's found at " Options > Recording Options > Full-Motion Recording (tab) > Disable Hardware Acceleration".

Hope this helps.
          • 2. Re: Setting Frame Rate for Full Motion Recording
            Malcolm_J Level 1
            Hi Larry,

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't make any significant difference to the capture quality on my machine.

It's a pity that there's no direct option to set the capture frame rate. I'm using Wink at the moment and it allows you to set the frame rate for both capture and output. I've found a capture frame rate of 15 fps works really well for the animations I have to record.

Loving the other features of Captivate 2. I hope they add the option to set capture frame rate in a future release.

Cheers,

Malcolm.