2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2009 5:37 PM by Steve Grisetti

MP3 files

I have input an mp3 audio file into my Premier Elements 4 program. It has good editing software for trimming the audio file down to size. I then want to export it in an mp3 format that I can post on the web for a podcast. I do not seem to have the capability to save the file as an mp3 file, which is the only type of file my web site currently supports. The audio files are sermons from my church. I am trying to watch costs and since I own Premier Elements 4 it was a good place to start without the church needing to spend more money. Is there a way to do this.

If possible send your response to conroerust@gmail.com

Thanks
      Jim
        • 1. Re: MP3 files
          Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Jim, you posted your question in the Premiere CS4 instead of Premiere Elements forum.
          • 2. Re: MP3 files
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
            Be careful about posting your e-mail address on forums, Jim. There are little web bots searching for e-mail addresses just so they can bombard them with spam!

That said, I'm not quite sure what you're asking for. MP3s are an audio (usually music) format. Are you trying to edit and output an audio file from Premiere Elements?

A better choice for that sort of work is the free download Audacity. It's a great, easy to use audio editor that can output audio as either MP3s or WAVs.