15 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2008 2:16 AM by (rob_bomer)

Effects in Premiere Elements 4

Is it possible to get additional animated text effects for PE4? If so, where? thanks
        • 1. Re: Effects in Premiere Elements 4
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
          As far as I know, this is not available, ricky.

However, if you can describe the effect you're trying to create, we can no doubt show you how to do it manually.
          • 2. Re: Effects in Premiere Elements 4
            Try keyframing the text layer for additional movements. I have many a times used transitions along with the text to give it a animated look.
            • 3. Re: Effects in Premiere Elements 4
              Level 1
              As I told you earlier, I migrated from PowerDirector5. This program has animated text effect presets, such as flocking, icicles,balloon deflated,solo jump, etc, etc. really cool.
              Since most of my videos have titles, I need to have more animated effects. I downloaded trials of Wild Fx Pro, Boris grafiti, blue, etc, but the learning curve is too steep and they are too expensive.
              • 4. Re: Effects in Premiere Elements 4
                the_wine_snob Level 9
                Ricky,

There are other programs (do not know how well PE handles third-party plug-ins, but P-Pro does), that can provide you with a lot of artistic and useful Effects. You mentioned CyberLink's PowerDirector. Use these other programs to create what you want, and then Export to DV-AVI for use in PE. I do this all of the time with various 3D programs, and also with Adobe After Effects. It's nice to have things included in one package, or have the other programs interface directly with your NLE (like After Effects & P-Pro in the Production Suite), but sometimes you have to work outside, and just Import.

Good luck,

Hunt
                • 5. Re: Effects in Premiere Elements 4
                  It's also no crime to use more than one tool, ricky, for your video production.

Why not use PowerDirector for what it does best and Premiere Elements for what it does best? (Many people pass video back and forth between Premiere Elements and MovieMaker, when effects are needed which are unique to MovieMaker.) It's certainly a lot easier than switching to a new program and then demanding the new program do what the old did that you liked.

As long you're passing DV-AVIs between the projects you'll see very little loss of video quality, and all PC-based video editing programs speak it as sort of a universal language.
                  • 6. Re: Effects in Premiere Elements 4
                    I'm looking for a heart transition. does anyone know if premiere elements 4 has a heart effect or transition?
                    • 7. Re: Effects in Premiere Elements 4
                      It has a heart "iris" effect (a heart shaped "Love American Style" transition).
                      • 8. Re: Effects in Premiere Elements 4
                        no - unfortunately, there is no heart effect under iris in premiere elements 4!(I've looked for it many times.) I really wish it did, but mine sure doesn't, and when I try to make my own heart with the gradient wipe, it's really "jumpy". Any suggestions on where I can buy extra transitions that will work with premiere elements 4 and or 7?
                        Moving Girl
                        • 9. Re: Effects in Premiere Elements 4
                          Is your video graphics card capable of using GPU effects, Spiro? That could be why you don't see it.

I can see it pretty clearly on my computer.

Meantime, have you seen this FAQ, from the FAQ list at the top of this forum?
                          http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bb815f6
                          • 10. Re: Effects in Premiere Elements 4
                            Level 1
                            Steve -- Thanks for the link to the FAQ. I have actually seen that before. Below are the specs on our Dell XSP 720 computer. It has one of the fastest CPU's on the market, and one of the fastest graphics cards available from Nvidia. We have no trouble seeing and using all the other high-end transitions and effects in Premiere Elements, including the "GPU Transitions". Under the category of "Iris" transitions, the choices are: Box, Cross, Diamond, Points, Round, Shapes and Star. Under the "Iris Shapes" transition, if I click on the "custom" button in the properties, there are only 3 choices: Rectangle, Oval and Diamond. There is no heart shape there -- or anywhere else I can find. HELP!!!

Also, if there is supposed to be a heart transition that I don't see, then of course I'm worried about what other transitions I should have, but don't realize I'm missing!

Dell Computer:

- Model: XPS 720
                            - Intel® Core2 Q6600 Quad-Core (8MB L2 cache,2.4GHz,1066FSB)
                            - 4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz - 4 DIMMs (4 slots)
                            - Video Card: 768MB Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX
                            - HD1: 160GB - WD Raptor 10000RPM, SATA 3.0GB/s, 16MB Cache
                            - HD2: 750GB - Seagate 7200RPM, SATA 3.0GB/s, 16MB Cache
                            - HD3 (External): 1TB Iomega 7200RPM, USB 480MB/s, 8MB Cache
                            - Dual Optical Drives: 16x DVD-ROM Drive + 16x DVD+/-RW w/ dbl layer write capable
                            - Dell Bluetooth Keyboard and Optical Mouse
                            - 24 inch UltraSharp 2407WFP Widescreen Digital Flat Panel (with integrated 9-in-2 media card reader/slots)
                            - Dell AS501 10W Flat Panel Attached Spkrs
                            - Sound Blaster® X-Fi XtremeMusic (D) Sound Card
                            - 3.5 in Floppy Drive
                            - 56K PCI Data Fax Modem
                            - Power Supply: 750W

EXTERNAL PORTS:
                            - Video: 2 DVI and 1 S-Video
                            - IEEE 1394 (Firewire) - 1 front & 1 back 6-pin serial connector
                            - USB: 10 Ports (2 Front, 6 Back, 2 internal)
                            - Audio: Front: headphone, microphone; Back: line-in, line-out, microphone, surround, center/LFE; integrated HDA 7.1 channel sound
                            - Network: Integrated Gigabit10 Ethernet
                            - Legacy: 2 PS/2 Ports
                            - 1 - S/P DIF out (optical)

INTERNAL EXPANSION SLOTS:
                            - PCI: 3 Slots
                            - PCIe x1: 1 Slot
                            - PCIe x16 (Graphics): 2 Slots
                            - PCIe x8: 1 Slot
                            • 11. Re: Effects in Premiere Elements 4
                              the_wine_snob Level 9
                              Spiro,

You might want to have a look at Adorage by ProDAD:
                              http://www.prodad.de/gb/adorage_std_details.html

They offer a lot of different Transitions. Another source would be Pixelan's SpiceMaster: http://www.pixelan.com/sm25/intro.htm

I use both of these, plus another dozen plug-ins and extra programs.

Good luck,

Hunt
                              • 12. Re: Effects in Premiere Elements 4
                                You can also do a search on plug-ins and transitions for Premiere Pro/CS3. Most plug-ins for the Pro version will also work in Premiere Elements.
                                • 13. Re: Effects in Premiere Elements 4
                                  Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP
                                  No heart shape effect. Maybe you are confused with the track matte key that looks a heart in the project window or it came with another product and nested in Elements, as it does when installing plugins in the Adobe Common directory.
                                  • 14. Re: Effects in Premiere Elements 4
                                    Level 1
                                    Thanks to all of you for the suggestions! I'll be taking them all under advisement!
                                    Spiro
                                    • 15. Re: Effects in Premiere Elements 4
                                      And when you have luck, you can install a PRO-tryout and use the effects. You have to copy/place them in the right Elements-directory.
                                      You can use several effects from a tryout that is installed on your pc.