Have Dell Dimension 4600 with 2.4 GigHz CPU
      WINXP with SP-2
      RAM = 1 GIG
      2 HD's (20 & 200 gigs)

I recently downloaded from YouTube a lot of
      videos by using RealPlayer's software (version 11),
      which uses the .FLV format.

I want to transfer them to Adobe Premier Elements 4
      for editing, but it will not accept this format.

I tried using Virtual Dub and/or MPEG-Streamclip
      to change this format and they too would not
      recognize this .FLV format

Any suggestions??

Thanks
        • 1. Re: .FLV Format to Adobe Premier Elements 4 for editing -- Difficulty
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
          You may be able to convert the FLVs to usable DV-AVIs with Super.
          http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html
          • 2. Re: .FLV Format to Adobe Premier Elements 4 for editing -- Difficulty
            Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP
            Have a look at this:
            http://www.flvsoft.com/flv_importer/
            • 3. Re: .FLV Format to Adobe Premier Elements 4 for editing -- Difficulty
              MAMBO_MAN Level 1
              A follow-up:

I downloaded the "Super8" from erightsoft, which turned out to be
              "Prism" software (free), and it indeed was able to copy the FLV file over to an .AVI format.

However, this AVI file would not play in either Windows Media Player(v 11) or in RealPlayer.

In fact, when I attempted to open this AVI file in WMP, I got a message about a possible faulty sound card etc. I then went to the Dell website & chatted with a tech about this, and he advised me to
              get the K-Lite Codecs (klcodec414f), which I did--and voila,
              the file now plays in WMP AND can be accepted by Adobe Premium Elements 4 for editing, etc.

Perhaps you-all might find this interesting.

In any event, thank you for your rapid replies & help.
              • 4. Re: .FLV Format to Adobe Premier Elements 4 for editing -- Difficulty
                Robert J. Johnston Level 2
                That K-Lite Codec Pack must include the FLV Splitter (which you can get as a standalone) and FFDShow (another standalone) with the FLV1 codec enabled. That would allow it to load in Adobe Premiere Elements for editing.
                • 5. Re: .FLV Format to Adobe Premier Elements 4 for editing -- Difficulty
                  the_wine_snob Level 9
                  Ira,

You might want to follow Robert's thinking and locate those two apps/CODECs as "standalones." I'd try removing K-Lite and just installing those two.

Only reason that I suggest this is that K-Lite is rather bloated with a ton of "other stuff," most of which you will probably never use. It has also caused a lot of major problems with Premiere Pro, though does sound like it works with your system and PE for these files. In a worst case, you can re-install it, should the standalones not work for you. Just remember that you did install it, in case you have any other problems, later on. It's been around for a pretty long time, so it's a safe "pack," compared to many that are out there now. I just do not know how well written its CODECs are. I have it on one machine, and other than it loading 4 instances of FFDShow, IIRC, it has not caused the problems with P-Pro, that others have seen.

As an aside, and probably getting off-topic, I feel that Real Player is akin to a virus. This is a personal feeling, and I'm saying that it is contaminated, only that it "acts" like a virus. I use other players (all freeware) to play RM files. This is just personal on my part. I hate how intrusive and insidious Real Player is. Heck, it almost makes QuickTime seem benign, but it, or a substitute, is necessary for a lot that is Adobe.

Keep us updated, as your experiences can probably help others, when they are faced with the same file types.

Hunt
                  • 6. Re: .FLV Format to Adobe Premier Elements 4 for editing -- Difficulty
                    MAMBO_MAN Level 1
                    Further follow-up:

Yes, the FLV files can be converted to AVI with 'Prism"
                    software, but:
                    when I attempt to open it in the (enclosed) 'classic'
                    media player, I get this message:
                    "This AVI file was not prepared for sequential reading,
                    the alternative 'AVI splitter' will now let the default
                    one handle it. The complete re-interleaving of this
                    file is strongly recommended before burning it onto
                    a slow media like cd-rom."

Below this statement is a graph with the words 'chunk'
                    in green color with an arrow pointing upwards, stream 0
                    (red color) and stream 1 (blue color) and in the lower
                    right area 'Time' in green color.

When I close this notice, the 'classic' media player
                    opens & works correctly with with file.

I can also open this file in Windows Media player &
                    RealPlayer and it works fine.

HOWEVER, although this file will load into Adobe Premier
                    Elements 4 (after being "conformed"), when I play it in
                    Adobe, it is either to slow or hesistant, and then sud-
                    denly too rapid--in other words, it's missing something.

I need help

PLease remember, my main purpose is to be able to down-
                    load files from Youtube and EASILY convert them to Adobe-
                    acceptable formats for editing. I say this because if
                    anyone knows an easier way to go about this, I'm all ears.

Incidentally if the following is necessary, I need some
                    guidance in how to do it:
                    "FLV Splitter (which you can get as a standalone) and
                    FFDShow (another standalone) with the FLV1 codec enabled
                    would allow it to load in Adobe Premiere Elements for
                    editing."

Thanks
                    • 7. Re: .FLV Format to Adobe Premier Elements 4 for editing -- Difficulty
                      Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP
                      Have you had a look at post #2?
                      Its also for Elements and no need to convert.
                      • 8. Re: .FLV Format to Adobe Premier Elements 4 for editing -- Difficulty
                        MAMBO_MAN Level 1
                        Follow-up:
                        "FLV Splitter (which you can get as a standalone) and FFDShow (another standalone) with the FLV1 codec enabled. That would allow it to load in Adobe Premiere Elements for editing."

Question:
                        1) I have un-installed the K-lite codec package.
                        Can I re-install it with ONLY the above-mentioned stand-alones?
                        Or do I have to find these codecs individually on the web, and if so,
                        which site or program would you recommend.

2) Has anyone had any experience with the
                        Moyea ImporterFLV_pro_ (see Post # 2 in this thread)??

I downloaded the trial version of this software and when I clicked on the setup.exe, a message said I did not have Adobe Premier Elements 4
                        installed (I have it installed on my 2nd. hardrive), therefore, it
                        could not start the enclosed installer program for it.

I relayed this problem to the support at this site, and 12-24 hrs. later I got the support's site request to put the original WINXP installation disc in my D drive (DVD) and saw something about loading (Chinese?)fonts, etc., and then got a message that it needed to see its enclosed (in the documents & settings directory data file (MoyeaFLVImporter.dat) to fix this problem. I attached a copy of the data file & returned it to them.

Does this sound right or am I in an online scam??
                        I ask this because most other software I have used can usually
                        survey BOTH drives & find the necessary data/programs before installing, rather than the user having to submit this data back
                        to the company site.

Thanks
                        • 9. Re: .FLV Format to Adobe Premier Elements 4 for editing -- Difficulty
                          Here is my post on Muvipix about the flvsplitter and ffdshow:

http://muvipix.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3190&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=flvsPLITT ER
                          • 10. Re: .FLV Format to Adobe Premier Elements 4 for editing -- Difficulty
                            MAMBO_MAN Level 1
                            Thank you, Mr Johnston, for you quick response.

My main problem remains 'jerky' videos in the Adobe Premier
                            Elements 4 monitor screen when I import & play the FVL files
                            --this after the Windows Essential Codecs & the ffdshow were downloaded & installed as per the directions above. I have
                            no such problem running them in WMP or or RealPlayer.

I assume this 'jerkiness' would remain after I edit these
                            files & make a DVD from them--Correct??

If so, what else can you suggest that I do to remove this
                            motion problem (a video problem--the audio is fine) seen,
                            so far, only in Adobe Premier Elements??

Whether this helps or not:
                            I enabled the monitoring in ffdshow and found that the
                            input & output sizes were both 320 X 240
                            • 11. Re: .FLV Format to Adobe Premier Elements 4 for editing -- Difficulty
                              MAMBO_MAN Level 1
                              Addendum:
                              In the video options for FFDShow is a long list, which
                              I will now enumerate to see if you would advise checking
                              (enabling) them:

default (already checked)
                              ------------
                              Crop
                              De-interlacing
                              De-Band
                              Logoaway
                              Post-processing
                              Picture Properties
                              Levels
                              Offset & flip
                              Blur & NR
                              Sharpen
                              Warpsharpen
                              DScaler Filter
                              Noise
                              Re-size & Aspect
                              -Borders
                              -Settings
                              Perspective Corr.
                              Sub-titles
                              -Text
                              -font
                              -VobSub
                              AviSynth
                              Visualizations
                              DCT
                              Bitmap Overlay
                              Grab
                              Overlay
                              --------------
                              Decoder Options
                              Queue & misc
                              Output
                              -RGB Conversion
                              ----------
                              Flip
                              OSD
                              Keys & Remote
                              • 12. Re: .FLV Format to Adobe Premier Elements 4 for editing -- Difficulty
                                I don't have time for the jerky problem.

As for the addendum, you don't use any of those effects. Those are for people who are familiar with VirtualDub filters.

If you want to see if ffdshow is being used, turn on the OSD (on screen display). But then you have to turn it off before you export.
                                • 13. Re: .FLV Format to Adobe Premier Elements 4 for editing -- Difficulty
                                  MAMBO_MAN Level 1
                                  Question (For anyone knowledgeable):
                                  With the OSD Video turned on (ffdshow), in Adobe Premier Elements 4, the monitor shows the CPU useage to be almost always 100%.
                                  The same OCD with the FLV file in WMP shows a usage of about 20-30%.
                                  It makes no difference whether the file is labled FLV or AVI (Even when actually converted to AVI)

Is this the reason for the jerky, ocassionally hesitant video
                                  motion seen with the FLV (or converted to AVI)file in Adobe, but NOT seen when the file is played in WMP & RealPlayer??

Or is it simply that I need more RAM?
                                  (Currently I have 1 GIG, with CPU = 2.4 GHz).

Any expert help appreciated.
                                  Thanx.
                                  • 14. Re: .FLV Format to Adobe Premier Elements 4 for editing -- Difficulty
                                    You won't be able to play back FLV files in Premiere Elements without stuttering and jerking. You will have to export your video in the desired format and play it back in something like Windows Media Player in order to judge the final quality. Windows Media Player isn't an editor and doesn't have a lot of excess "baggage" to slow down playback as happens in Premiere Elements.

If you need to see what a transition or edit looks like, you could adjust the Work Area Bar to cover only the edited area and then press the Enter key to get a rendered preview. But I wouldn't render a preview for the entire movie, instead just export to the final format and see how it plays back in Quicktime Player or Windows Media Player.
                                    • 15. Re: .FLV Format to Adobe Premier Elements 4 for editing -- Difficulty
                                      MAMBO_MAN Level 1
                                      Again, thank you for your expert & rapid reply.
                                      I'm out of town right now, but when I return
                                      next week I'll follow your instructions.

Thanx again.
                                      • 16. Re: .FLV Format to Adobe Premier Elements 4 for editing -- Difficulty
                                        MAMBO_MAN Level 1
                                        Follow-up:
                                        Mr Johnston:

I have followed your advice & found you are 100% right.
                                        I have been able to change the .FLV file to AVI, load
                                        it into Adobe Premier Elements 4, edit the file and
                                        render it into an edited AVI file & export it to
                                        my PC. The edited version plays smoothly in WMP.

Again, thanks for the guidance.
                                        • 18. Re: .FLV Format to Adobe Premier Elements 4 for editing -- Difficulty
                                          Level 1
                                          I am having considerable trouble with the whole thing.

I was able to play FLV in Premiere Elements 7 until I accidentally deleted the codes and ffdshow and all that. Now I'm stuck.

I downloaded ffdshow and windows essential codecs (which APPARENTLY included FLV Splitter), again, but to no avail.

FLV is an .ax file which won't open with anything, even when I do the REGsvr thing. It's ridiculous. It should be really simple. My FLV videos don't even play in Media Player, which is like step one.

ffdshow has FLV1 enabled. No idea what's going on. Am sick of downloading codecs :/

Please, please help.
                                          • 19. Re: .FLV Format to Adobe Premier Elements 4 for editing -- Difficulty
                                            Unfortunately, Premiere Elements was never designed to support FLVs as a source file. So the only alternative to routing around for the right codec to (maybe) make it happen is to convert it to a DV-AVI. And that's something you should be able to do with Super.
                                            http://www.erightsoft.net/SUPER.html
                                            • 20. Re: .FLV Format to Adobe Premier Elements 4 for editing -- Difficulty
                                              I take it that you have been through this thread on Muvipix:

http://muvipix.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3190&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=flvsPLITT ER

In order to use FLVs in Premiere Elements you have to change the file extension from .FLV to .AVI. Then FFDShow and the FLV Splitter will be used as long has you have FLV enabled in FFDShow. Playback won't be good until you render previews.
                                              • 21. Re: .FLV Format to Adobe Premier Elements 4 for editing -- Difficulty
                                                MAMBO_MAN Level 1

Hi again:

I had been having great success converting FLV files via Prism (and Windows Essential Codecs)

to AVI files except for some recent files in which the video would transfer to AVI but NOT the audio.

When I attempted to initiate the conversion with some (not all) of these files, I would get a message

stating that the Prism software would have to close because of some "trouble" and with the following

ERROR SIGNATURE:
                                                MODNAME: AACDEC2.EXE

Other files would have no message such as this--they would just convert to AVI without the audio

portion present.

How should I proceed??

Thanks

• 22. Re: .FLV Format to Adobe Premier Elements 4 for editing -- Difficulty
                                                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Unfortunately, I cannot help you, as I have not used Prism.

I will add a prop for this plug-in for Premiere, Moyea FLV Plugin. It has worked perfectly for me, and I can edit natively, with no conversion.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 23. Re: .FLV Format to Adobe Premier Elements 4 for editing -- Difficulty
                                                    MAMBO_MAN Level 1

Thanks for your reply.

I went to the Prism web site & looked at their versions for info.

I found out the following:

(I had been using version 1.15)

"Windows Upgrade Release:
                                                    Version 1.27
                                                    (Uploaded 2009-02-27)
                                                    Fixed crashes when FFMPEG couldn't detect sound format

Version 1.25:
                                                    Fixed aacdec2.exe crash
                                                    Fixed issues with .avi sound encoders (ACM)"

I downloaded & installed the v 1.27 and--voila!--ALL the above-

mentioned files converted with Prism from FLV to AVI with

no problems with the audio portion at all.

Thought this might interest you & any others so inclined.

• 24. Re: .FLV Format to Adobe Premier Elements 4 for editing -- Difficulty
                                                      the_wine_snob Level 9

That is good news, and thanks for reporting. Listing the new version #, that cures the ills, will help someone in the future.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 25. Re: .FLV Format to Adobe Premier Elements 4 for editing -- Difficulty
                                                        MAMBO_MAN Level 1

Hi again:

I have encountered 2 new problems you might be able to help me with:

1) I used Prism (newest version) to convert a .FLV file to AVI and the video worked fine in the AVI mode.

However, the audio  worked well until anywhere from one-half to 2/3 the way through & then stopped

(video coninued).

Furthermore, when I first opened this Prism-converted AVI file in Windows Media Classic player (comes

with the Prism software and has worked for gobs of other converted AVI files) I get the following message:

"AVI Chunk Viewer:

This AVI file was not prepared for sequential reading, the alternative 'Avi Splitter' will now let the default

one handle it.
                                                        The complete re-interleaving of this file is strongly recommended before burning it onto a slow media

like CD-ROM."

Please translate this & tell me what next to do??
                                                        How do I handle the "re-interleaving"?

2) About 4 recently downloaded .FLV files, when converted via prism to AVI's, have normal audio,

but the video is "jittery" when played in Windows Media Classic player. I expect the video to be

"jittery in Adobe Premium Elements (because of the large amount of "baggage" this video editor

carries), but not in a  simple media player.

I emphasize that downloaded FLV files before & after these "jittery" files have been converted to

AVI's & played without problems on the media player. Also, this problem AVI file, when in the

original FLV file, played normally in RealPlayer media player.

Any clues as to what to do next??

Thank you.

• 26. Re: .FLV Format to Adobe Premier Elements 4 for editing -- Difficulty

Well, as you probably know, file formats (FLV, AVI, MPEG) are only shells. What goes on inside the file itself can vary wildly.

This just may be one FLV you're not going to be able to edit. Sorry.

• 27. Re: .FLV Format to Adobe Premier Elements 4 for editing -- Difficulty
                                                            MAMBO_MAN Level 1

Mr. Grisetti:

Thanks for your quick reply.

I tried an experiment and downloaded basically the same file from a different source (YouTube)

and-voila!- the whole audio & video easily & completely converted from FLV to AVI & was easily

edited in Adobe Premium Elements 4 and rendered into a quality AVI file.

That took care of the partly missing audio file FLV to AVI problem.

I think I'll try the same thing with the other "jittery" files mentioned above, and see what

happens.

Thanks

• 28. Re: .FLV Format to Adobe Premier Elements 4 for editing -- Difficulty
                                                              the_wine_snob Level 9

I do not know Prism, but if the choice was DV-AVI Type II w/ 48KHz 16-bit PCM/WAV Audio, you should have no issues with OOS. It almost sounds like the AVI's might have been DivX/Xvid, as this is a common problem with them.

This ARTICLE will give you some background on AVI's.

Hope that something there helps.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 29. Re: .FLV Format to Adobe Premier Elements 4 for editing -- Difficulty
                                                                MAMBO_MAN Level 1

Hunt:

Thanks for the reply.

I re-downloaded 4 files (.FLV) that had been "jittery" in converted AVI format

and put them through the Prism video converter with the following data:

Video Compressor:
                                                                DV Encorder - PAL (Direct Show)

(There's also a choice for "NTSC" Encoder)

Sound Compressor:
                                                                DV Audio

Sound format:
                                                                48000Hz Stereo

(The default data:

"Video Compressor:

MPEG4 (Native)

Sound Compressor:

MP3 (Native)

Sound format:
                                                                44100 Hz 128 kps, Stereo")

Again, Voila! they all converted easily to AVI without the jitteriness

as seen before.

If you think its adviseable, I'll re-convert these FLV's using the

default settings or just use the DVD encoder (NTSC) & see what gives.

Thanks for the article--very informative.

• 30. Re: .FLV Format to Adobe Premier Elements 4 for editing -- Difficulty
                                                                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Since I am in NTSC-land, I always do my conversions to NTSC DV-AVI Type II w/ 48KHz 16-bit PCM/WAV Audio.

I also have had good luck with the Moyea FLV plug-in, but do not know if it works with PE. In PrPro, I do not need to do any conversion - again, do not know if it works with PE.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 31. Re: .FLV Format to Adobe Premier Elements 4 for editing -- Difficulty
                                                                    MAMBO_MAN Level 1

Follow-up:

I converted the 4 files mentioned above to AVI with the following data:

DV Encoder - NTSC (Direct Show)

Sound Compressor:
                                                                    DV Audio

Sound format:
                                                                    48000Hz Stereo

(The default data:

"Video Compressor:

MPEG4 (Native)

Sound Compressor:

MP3 (Native)

Sound format:
                                                                    44100 Hz 128 kps, Stereo")

Again, they all converted smoothly, were loaded easily into APE4,

edited and rendered into DV AVI FILES without problems.

Interestingly, when I again tried the "default" compression data,

I again ran into the "re-interleaving" problem.

• 32. Re: .FLV Format to Adobe Premier Elements 4 for editing -- Difficulty
                                                                      MAMBO_MAN Level 1

Hi again:
                                                                      Have some questions about the Moyea FLV Plug-in:

As previously stated, I have been using the Prism Video converter,
                                                                      which does seem to convert the FLV file to some type of an AVI file.
                                                                      I then load this AVI file into Premium Elements 4 (PE4), and it first
                                                                      has to be "conformed" in the PE4 software.

Then, if one attempts to open and edit this file, it either is an ex-
                                                                      tremely slow process, or the software freezes, requiring a re-start
                                                                      (sometimes multiple times) to complete the editing before rendering
                                                                      it into an edited AVI file.

Curious to find a work-around, I avoided this first time editing
                                                                      and just had the PE4 software just re-render the whole intact
                                                                      Prism-generated AVI file into a PE4-generated AVI file which has
                                                                      apparently much less "overehead" and can easily be edited in PE4.

so, I end up re-re-rendering the original FLV to get the edited AVI
                                                                      file I want.

Does the Moyea FLV Plug-in avoid this labor-time intensive task??

Also, its web site advertises 2 different packages:
                                                                      1) FLV Importer Pro for Adobe Premiere:
                                                                      "FLV Importer Pro for Adobe Premiere is a plug-in program for Adobe
                                                                      Premiere. Adobe Premiere is a professional and popular video editing
                                                                      tool, which allows importing video and audio in various formats, like
                                                                      AVI, MPE, MPG, M2V, MP3, WMV, WMA, WAV, etc.

Yet, it does not support the FLV file, which is widely used on the
                                                                      web. FLV Importer Pro for Adobe Premiere is just a program to make
                                                                      Adobe Premiere accept the FLV file for video editing and composing."

Price: $60

2) FLV Importer for Adobe Premiere:
                                                                      "FLV Importer for Adobe Premiere is the same with the Pro version,
                                                                      except the Flash 8 alpha video import and cheaper with 20$ off!

It is a plug-in program for Adobe Premiere.
                                                                      Adobe Premiere is a professional and popular video editing tool, which
                                                                      allows importing video and audio in various formats, like AVI, MPEG,
                                                                      MPG, M2V, MP3, WMV, WMA, WAV, etc. Yet, it does not support the FLV
                                                                      file, which is widely used on the web.

Support FLV files encoded by any codec,like:
                                                                      Flash 8, H.263, RAW, ADPCM, MP3, Nellymoser.

FLV Importer for Adobe Premiere is just a program to make Adobe Prem-
                                                                      iere accept the FLV file for video editing and composing."

Price: $40
                                                                      (version 2)

The product sites of Moyea Software:
                                                                      Video-to-flash.com, Flvsoft.com, My-video-converter.com.

The homepage of Moyea Software:
                                                                      http://www.moyea.com

Which one is the most practical to get??

The site offers a "Free Trial"--is that worthwhile??

Finally, is this site trustworthy??

I am using the PE4 mainly for the conversion of FLV files and would
                                                                      appreciate any rational method for accelerating the process.

Thanx.

• 33. Re: .FLV Format to Adobe Premier Elements 4 for editing -- Difficulty
                                                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Mambo_Man

I am a little late coming into your topic and what I have to offer may not be much, but....

I have Premiere Elements 2, 4, and 7 and tried the Moyea FLV Plug In in these programs. It does work great in Premiere Elements 4, but not 2 and 7. It is supposed to work in version 3. With the try out, I was able to import .flv files into Premiere Elements and work with them. My focus was getting the .flv to be ccepted by the program and did not explore the plug in further. It should be a valuable tool for Premiere Elements 4.

ATR

• 34. Re: .FLV Format to Adobe Premier Elements 4 for editing -- Difficulty
                                                                          MAMBO_MAN Level 1

AT Romano:

Thanks for the reply.

However, if you possible, could you answer the questions I posted above?

(Which one (version) is the most practical to get & use??

--the $40 or $60 version??

I have Adobe Premier Elements 4

The site offers a "Free Trial"--is that worthwhile??

Finally, is this site trustworthy??)

Thanx.

• 35. Re: .FLV Format to Adobe Premier Elements 4 for editing -- Difficulty
                                                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Mambo Man

http://www.video-to-flash.com/flash_video_importer/

I downloaded and tried the FLV Importer Pro for Adobe Premiere in Premiere Elements 4 described in the above link. I was impressed with its performance, but did not purchase it because my workflow rarely includes Flash Video. I was disappointed that it did not also work in Premiere Elements 7 which I also have. If my workflow justified it, I would definitely buy it. The reason I downloaded it in the first place was because I wanted to see if the plugin really did work in Premiere Elements as well as Premiere as claimed. I might have purchased it if it also worked in version 7. (In fairness, it claimed to work for Premiere Elements 3 and 4, but made no claims for Premiere Elements 7.)

I have a variety of security systems on my computer, spyware and antivirus. And, the download cleared them all. My spyware and antivirus consider it a trustworthy site as of this message.

I am not sure where you came up with two different prices for the purchased plugin. As far as I can determined there is but one $59.95 USA dollars. The $39.95 price looks like it is a different currency.

It is not going to be worth it if you upgrade from Premiere Elements 4 to Premiere Elements 7 or the newer version to come (8), where I know it does not work for 7, do not know about 8.

ATR

• 36. Re: .FLV Format to Adobe Premier Elements 4 for editing -- Difficulty
                                                                              MAMBO_MAN Level 1

Again, Thanx for the rapid response.

(I'm also sending this to the forum message board)

Just so that we're on the same page:

I went to the Web site (www.moyea.com/flv-importer)

which opened to the "FLV Importer for Adobe Premiere."

(this is NOT the "PRO" version)

The site said this version (2) was "the same with

(the site's own language) the Pro version, except the

Flash 8 alpha video import."

The price was $39.95 (USD) OR 29.95 (EUROS).

Interestingly, when I downloaded the trial version on this page, the

program was named "MoyeaImporterFLV_pro_setup.exe"

(Note the "pro")

Now, when you use the URL "http://www.moyea.com/import-flv"

you'll go to the "FLV Importer Pro for Adobe Premiere"

(also version 2); one difference between this Pro

version & the first or other version is the "Support

Flash 8 with alpha video import, handy for video overlay."

This version is priced at $59.95 or 39.95 euros.

(The other difference!)

Both support Adobe PE4 & PE3

I clicked on your url site link (video to flash) and got

taken to the Pro version--I then clicked on "Products"

and did NOT see the $40 version listed there.

I imagine that since I don't do video overlays routinely

the first one ($40.00) is probably what I need.

Any further info??

• 37. Re: .FLV Format to Adobe Premier Elements 4 for editing -- Difficulty
                                                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Mambo_ Man

Is it possible to try each of those out separately before purchase to avoid surprises? Probably none, but $40 or $60, it is an large investment for just one version of Premiere Elements, v 4.

I know that I liked the Moyea version that I said I tried, but never saw the other less expensive one that you found on the web site.

I will watch for your decision since I do not have anymore info on that product.

ATR

• 38. Re: .FLV Format to Adobe Premier Elements 4 for editing -- Difficulty
                                                                                  MAMBO_MAN Level 1

For AT Romano, Hunt (and others who might be so interested):

Follow-up on Moyea FLV Importer:

I had been using a free-ware (Prism) which did a half-way decent job
                                                                                  of converting FLV'S to AVI'S. However, this conversion process itself
                                                                                  could take anywhere from 1-5 minutes, depending on the volume of
                                                                                  the file.

Then this file would have to be loaded into Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0
                                                                                  (APE-4) and this was a slow process, involving the displays of the
                                                                                  FFDshows for audio & video in the notification area (right lower screen
                                                                                  area).

Finally, this APE-4-loaded product would need to be edited and this, in
                                                                                  turn, was also a slow process, involving a good deal of "baggage" in this
                                                                                  file, requiring repeated exits & re-starts of APE-4 to get the job done
                                                                                  (if the APE-4 software did not crash).

With the Moyea FLV importer, the whole process of directly loading the
                                                                                  FLV file into APE-4 is seamless, quick and it seems to me that this plug-

in eliminates alot of the "baggage", so that the resulting APE-4-loaded

file can easily be edited.

As for the 2 different levels of software at the Moyea web site:
                                                                                  The site itself encourages trials of its more expensive ("Pro" - $59.95) software
                                                                                  --however, if you click on "trial" in the less expensive ("common" in the
                                                                                  sites's own words) page, you will still get the more expensive one to download

as a trial software.

It worked great for me.

However, you can go back to the site and order/buy the so-called "Lite" or

"common" one (cost $39.95) and it works on APE-4, as I personally can attest

to.

The only difference between the two (other than price) is that the "Pro"version

supports:
                                                                                  Video: Flash 8 video/H.263
                                                                                  Audio: RAW/Nellymoser/MP3/ADPCM/RAWLE

or basically supports some advanced video formats in Adobe Premium Pro

So far, I'm glad I sprang for the $39.95 (plus $10 for a CD backup copy).

Addendum:

I received the following e-mail message tonight in response to a question asked

at the Moyea site by me about 2 days ago:

"Yes, we only have the trial install program for Pro version.
                                                                                  But you still can purchase the basic version with $39.95 from
                                                                                  this link: http://www.moyea.com/flv-importer."

• 39. Re: .FLV Format to Adobe Premier Elements 4 for editing -- Difficulty
                                                                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Thanks for all that follow up information.

Much appreciated.

ATR

1 2 Previous Next