5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2008 3:42 PM by Steve Grisetti

PE 3.02 and Vista Ultimate 64-Bit

brianwolters
      Hello!

Will PE 3.02 run with Vista 64-Bit? Just making sure because I am planning on upgrading soon.

Thanks,
      Brian
        • 1. Re: PE 3.02 and Vista Ultimate 64-Bit
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
          Technically, no. Although you may be able to run it in 32-bit compatibility mode -- but even that might be a bit iffy.

Unfortunately, with 64-bit operating systems, the operating systems are leading the software manufacturers for now. It will be a while, most likely, before they start creating software that will take full advantage of it.

But, for now, I wouldn't recommend you use Premiere Elements on it.
          • 2. Re: PE 3.02 and Vista Ultimate 64-Bit
            I upgraded recently to Vista 64. I have been using PE 3.0.2 and I have found that some of the features do not work. For instance - I have found that I cannot capture video.

I was considering purchasing PE 4.0, but it looks like it is not Vista 64 compliant either. I submitted a support ticket to Adobe to find out if PE 3.02, or 4.0 could be used with Vista 64. They refused to answer due to - It's a fee to find out that info.

Guess we need to look into other packages. Disappointing that I WAS considering purchasing a new version, but they can't give me the info. It must not work either.
            • 3. Re: PE 3.02 and Vista Ultimate 64-Bit
              Software support to 64-bit operating systems is at least a year or two away, unfortunately. And that goes for even pro versions of the software.

It's kind of a shame, because 64-bit Vista will ultimately unleash a lot more of your computer's power. But, for now, you simply can't use 64-bit operating systems with any intensive program without problems. Sorry.
              • 4. Re: PE 3.02 and Vista Ultimate 64-Bit
                brianwolters Level 1
                I did the upgrade before I got a chance to see the feedback and yes, I discovered that I can't capture. A shame...I am back to 32 bit for now.

Anyone know if PE 7.0 will work with 64 bit?
                • 5. Re: PE 3.02 and Vista Ultimate 64-Bit
                  I do not believe it does, Brian.

I've heard that the pro versions of some of Adobe's products will go 64-bit next year. I'd expect the consumer versions to follow.