2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2008 7:38 AM by (niagara94)

Full Screen Photos In Slide Show & Other Questions

Hi - I'm using Premiere Elements 4. I have a few questions since I'm new to using the program. First of all, how do I get the photos to take up the whole screen (instead of showing a black border) when they are played back? They were taken on a 7.2 megapixel camera at the maximum quality setting. Also, the resolution is bad when it's played back but fine when you see the preview of the photos in the program. I've seen other posts about needing to change the resolution but I was wondering if I got the photos to play full screen if that might fix my problem because I can play the photos as a slide show in the Windows Photo Gallery Program and the resolution is perfect and the photos take up the whole screen.

Secondly, how do I delete a menu from the Disc Menus Section? Also, how would I delete the "Scene Selection" button from the menu screen that I want to keep? I want to be able to have a menu with just a "play all" button.

Thanks for your help.
        • 1. Re: Full Screen Photos In Slide Show & Other Questions
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
          The only way to remove Scene Menu button from Disc Menus is to physically remove it from the template by editing it (They're PSD files) in Photoshop Elements.

As for photos, DO NOT use photos from that 7.2 megapixel camera at full resolution, niagara. It's a sure recipe for disaster. RAther, per the FAQs at the top of this forum, rez those photos all down to no larger than 1000x750 pixels in size.
          http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bb8822c

That done, you can get your photos to fill your screen one of two ways:

a) Leave the Default to Frame Size option checked in your preferences. The only case in which this won't work is if you're using 4:3 photos in a 16:9 widescreen project.

b) If this is the case, go to Edit/Preferences and uncheck Default to Frame Size BEFORE you import that photos into your project. (It won't work if you do it after.) Then, after placing each photo on your timeline, right-click on each, select Show Properties and, in Properties, open Motion and set Scale to 85%. Note that, because your photos and the widescreen have different aspect ratios, you will lose some of the vertical off the tops and bottoms of your photos.

There are many more ways to do it -- but it all depends on what you're trying to accomplish.
          • 2. Re: Full Screen Photos In Slide Show & Other Questions
            Level 1
            Hi - Thank you for your reply and your help. I'm resizing the photos now and then I will try again.