5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2008 8:40 AM by Barb__O

Photoshop slideshows Output to Premiere -  Old Versions Appear

When I select Output-Send to Premier Elements for a slideshow I've revised in Photoshop Elements 6, an earlier version of that slideshow is inserted in Premire Elements 4. So far as I know, I properly saved the revision, and it appears OK in Organizer. I can select it and play the revised slideshow from Organizer. The earlier versions are not displayed in Organizer. I've tried right-clicking on the slideshow icon displayed in Organizer, but the same thing happens. I tried rebooting, figuring I'd be clearing out some buffer, but that didn't help. I have slideshows which I created in Photoshop at the start and then at the end of a series of video clips in Premiere. Same problem with both of them. Suggestions will be appreciated.
        • 1. Re: Photoshop slideshows Output to Premiere -  Old Versions Appear
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
          What are the changes you've made? If you've merely added more slides to the end of the slideshow, it may be in the slideshow file in Premiere Elements but not showing. Try extending the clip on the timeline.

Otherwise, rather than trying to overwrite the old, do a Save As and save it in Photo Elements with a different name, then output it to Premiere Elements. Remember to move the CTI in Premiere Elements to a spot on the timeline where there are no other clips so that it can place the slideshow file there.
          • 2. Re: Photoshop slideshows Output to Premiere -  Old Versions Appear
            Level 1
            Steve, thanks for the excellent suggestions. I've found if I use FILE > OUTPUT within Photoshop, the desired slideshow gets moved to Premiere. But I'm certainly not ruling out "operator error," at least in some instances. Originally I was just doing SAVEs to two different drives, to have a backup, but without changing file names. Then I realized the file creation date did not change with each save. So I took your suggestion of doing SAVE AS, along with changing the file name each time with the current date and an alpha suffix.

One confusion I have is that the Photoshop outputted slide shows, when played in Premiere, appear to lose the "start" cropping on some images. It may be when panning or zooming is also applied to the image.
            • 3. Re: Photoshop slideshows Output to Premiere -  Old Versions Appear
              Barb__O Level 4
              >One confusion I have is that the Photoshop outputted slide shows, when played in Premiere, appear to lose the "start" cropping on some images. It may be when panning or zooming is also applied to the image.

My suspicion is that this is due to differences in timing between Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements.

The timing differences can be complex and the following is not a complete solution - but it
              b might
              give you sufficient help for this specific slide show.

On the Premiere elements timeline, you might
              -- Break Apart the slideshow
              -- determine one slide where this problem exists at the start, click on the transition between that slide and the previous slide. The Properties for that transition will probably show "End at Cut": change it to "Center at Cut"

Does it help? If yes, does it fix the problem or does it only make it slightly better?
              • 4. Re: Photoshop slideshows Output to Premiere -  Old Versions Appear
                Level 1
                Barb, thanks for the tip. As you can tell I have a lot to learn about Premiere. My sense is, in the future, to build the still slideshows right in Premier instead of Photoshop. I'm under the gun to finish this project to show to my 95 year old aunt in two weeks, along with relatives, some flying in for the occasion. So I'll follow up on your suggestion after the presentation. The show has my aunt talking about midwest farm life in the early 1900s, with the slideshows presenting old family stills from the period. I still need to burn a bunch of printable DVDs and add labels, plus print DVD jacket covers, and test out projection equipment.

A minor gotcha at this point is trying to attach a "meow" audio clip to a still image of my beloved cat (and yes, there is a conection to the slide show). It appears the two audio timelines at the bottom of the edit screen in Premiere both control the volume, and do not function to add such an audio clip.
                • 5. Re: Photoshop slideshows Output to Premiere -  Old Versions Appear
                  Barb__O Level 4
                  Everyone,

I think that Luker should be able to add his video clip as desired - but I am not sure how.

I created a new thread at
                  http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b64402
                  in order to highlight this new question.

Luker,
                  I recommend that you follow my new thread because it should make your specific question about adding the audio clip for the specific still more visible to other forum responders.

Good luck on your project. After you finish this project, we can discuss pros and cons of starting a slideshow in Photoshop Elements versus doing it all in Premiere Elements.