5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2008 10:59 PM by kathydavie

Post a new Topic in InDesign Forum

kathydavie Level 1
      I've been searching all over the Illustrator and inDesign forums for a way to post a new topic. can someone tell me how I do it? Dreamweaver is so easy with its "Topic" link but I can't find anything remotely resembling this in either.

Help!!!
        • 1. Re: Post a new Topic in InDesign Forum
          Ben M Adobe Community Professional
          There should be a post link at the bottom of the thread. I'm not sure though if the databases are linked though so you may need to register on those forums separately to post.
          • 2. Re: Post a new Topic in InDesign Forum
            Silkrooster Adobe Community Professional & MVP
            At the top of the topics is a gray box. At the bottom of that box is Add topic. As for your username it should be the same as this forum. You may need to log in but it should work.
            • 3. Re: Post a new Topic in InDesign Forum
              kathydavie Level 1
              I'm resorting to the Dreamweaver forum to ask this question because I can't post to either Illustrator or InDesign...no NEW topic link...

To answer both your replies:

SnakEyez:
              I don't want to respond to a thread, I want to start my own new thread. And, yes, each forum is separate. Unfortunately, there is no consistency among the forums' layout. And, I'm already registered everywhere.

Silkrooster:
              No. There isn't. Not in Illustrator or InDesign forums. And, I log in as soon as I enter the forums.

• 4. Re: Post a new Topic in InDesign Forum
                Ben M Adobe Community Professional
                Kathy it is where Silk mentioned it is. I just double-checked. Once you head over there you go to the InDesign forum, then click on let's say Mac version for a sample. Then you log in.

Then you will see a large grey box on your screen telling you about the InDesign update. In there it will say welcome... and then below this grey box you will see the topics list. But right at the end of that grey welcome box you will see 3 links in a small font. One says to Add Topic. That one will allow you to start a topic.

I do agree that it is a mess because in reality, both forums need an upgrade because users cannot even search these forums for answers because the search function is very literal and not very well executed.
                • 5. Re: Post a new Topic in InDesign Forum
                  kathydavie Level 1
                  You were right. I kept looking in places where I'd found in other forums and didn't look down far enough. Thank you SOO much. Another lesson I hope I remember!

Kathy