3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2008 4:38 PM by the_wine_snob

Corrupted video frames when clips imported

PE4 with Vista HP with dual-core 2Mb Dell -

PE4 seems to be causing predictable corruption of video files. All files are fine when played with Media Player. however, when used by PE4, it corrupts each clip in the same place each time - the first clip at, say, 59 secs. The corruption will be a blocky green frame. As other clips are added to the project, the corrupted frame in each clip starts to show elements of the other clips from the same places were they have been corrupted - in other words, as the projects builds, the corrupted points start to look like frames from other clips.
      Well, what?
      I have yet to produce anything watchable with PE4 because of this.
      The problem survives rendering, and using fresh clips makes no improvement - same problem, same time points.
        • 1. Re: Corrupted video frames when clips imported
          the_wine_snob Level 9
          Mike,

What format are these Clips? If they are AVI, please let us know what CODEC was used in them. G-Spot (www.headbands.com/gspot) is freeware that will tell you.

It sounds like these are DivX or Xvid encoded files. Most NLE's have real problems with them. If one has the CODEC installed on their system, players will likely play them fine, but they are designed for delivery and not for editing.

Let us know about these Clips,

Hunt
          • 2. Re: Corrupted video frames when clips imported
            Level 1
            Bill,

Many thanks. I have had the audacity to send you a file generated by G-Spot in the hope it makes more sense to you than it does me!

The clips by JVC camera is producing are showing up as MPEG files with a .MOD extension.

Ive run G-SPOT as suggested, and the list I have emailed you is of what it found almost all which went somewhere over my head. I was hoping to see something relating to MOD but no. Does any of it mean anything to you? Or should I be converting them to something else before showing them to Premiere?

Thanks and regards,
            Mike
            • 3. Re: Corrupted video frames when clips imported
              the_wine_snob Level 9
              Mike,

Step back one level in these forums, so you get ALL Premiere forums and do a search for "MOD." You will have some reading ahead of you. There are workarounds suggested. You may have to picke the one that works for you.

Good luck,

Hunt