3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2006 12:22 PM by CatBandit

Introduction Slide before menu when using as stand-alone on CD

KatarHol
      I want to have my company logo display as the autorun page, then from there go to the topic menu. I cannot find any information on doing that. Is it possible? If so, could someone assist me? I'd appreciate it.

j
        • 1. Re: Introduction Slide before menu when using as stand-alone on CD
          CatBandit Level 3
          Add a "blank" slide (Insert >Blank Slide) to your project, and place the company logo on it. Now drag it to the slide #1 position in the movie and otherwise set it up as desired. Your question is almost too simple, so maybe I'm missing something - hope not.

Speaking of logos - here's a tip that might be helpful: Design your project with the company logo as a "watermark" on each slide.

1) Pick a location that won't be "in the way" on any slide - say, down in the bottom-left corner.

2) Insert the logo-image and place it there.

3) In the image properties, set the "transparency" to something like 50% (play with it and season-to-taste).

4) Now, look at the "Duration" election on the "Options" tab, and set the image duration for "Rest of Movie".

You have now created a "watermark". Depending on the logo image size, colors, and the transparency percentage, this can also be placed smack-dab in the middle of the slide as a large partially-transparent (watermark) reminder of your company logo.

Hope this helps...
          Welcome to the Captivate User Community, KatarHol!
          • 2. Re: Introduction Slide before menu when using as stand-alone on CD
            KatarHol Level 1
            Thanks for that info on the watermark, it may prove useful.

Perhaps my question wasn't phrased as well as it could be. I will be publishing this project as stand-alone .EXE files on a CD. I have seen only one of these completed, and when that CD is placed in the computer, an autorun function opens the menu of options.

What I want to do is have a logo page appear before the menu, then fade into the menu. I am guessing this has to be done in the autorun file, but I've never edited one, so I don't know what to do.

Hopefully, this clarifies my question better.
            • 3. Re: Introduction Slide before menu when using as stand-alone on CD
              CatBandit Level 3
              Maybe a little clearer, but I still have major questions. What - exactly - is opening when the CD is popped in? One of the EXEs, or a HTML page with the menu, or what?

What I'm getting to is - do we want to alter one of the EXE files, or the HTML? What is the autorun file calling, exactly? There should be a *.INF file - like "autorun.inf" in which the target is specifically identified . . .

Thanks!