Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Redirect topic syntax

LEGEND ,
Sep 01, 2008 Sep 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I have a CHM file that contains a TOC entry that is a redirect topic to another CHM file that sits externally to the project. The redirect works except that the external CHM is displayed in the same window. What I'd like is the CHM is launched in its own window as if it was launched separately (i.e. two CHM files open). I guess I need some additional syntax to the redirect meta tag but I'm not sure what that is. Can anyone point me in the right direction? The current meta tag is shown below.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 01, 2008 Sep 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi, Colum,

You can do this by linking the TOC entry to a topic that, when opened, fires a ShortCut control for opening the second .chm file. See the example below.

I think Rick also covers this in his Tips and Tricks file ("Launching HTML Help Shortcuts from the TOC/Index" and "Launching external .CHMs").

http://www.robowizard.com/RoboWizard/NewProject.htm#Downloads/Tips_and_Tricks.htm

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp