4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2008 2:36 PM by Steve Grisetti

How to remove a freeze frame

Premiere Elements 4.0

How do I remove a freeze frame from my video? I think I put it in there by using the camera icon and set it for a certain duration. Now I cannot get rid of it.
        • 1. Re: How to remove a freeze frame
          Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Cut with the rasor then delete.
          • 2. Re: How to remove a freeze frame
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
            You can also cut by positioning the CTI (in timeline mode) before the unwanted frame and clicking the scissors icon in the Monitor panel, then doing the same after it, selecting that segment and deleting.
            • 3. Re: How to remove a freeze frame
              Level 1
              Thanks for your replies. Sorry I haven't had time to check back before today. Neither of these approaches seems to work. If I simply left click on the frozen frame and then right click, it gives me a GRAYED OUT option to "Delete and close gap" but because it is GRAYED OUT nothing happens - the feature does not work. I tried to cut the clip just before it and just after it, then group it and delete it and that did not do it either. It only deleted the two tiny clips, but not the frozen frame I really wanted out. This is really driving me crazy. I have gone on and fixed most everything I want to fix in the project, but still want to remove frozen frame. I cannot find out how to simply remove it. When I find the help section to add a "freeze frame" it doesn't seem to tell me how to delete it. The only time I can delete it is if I have not saved the project since I added it. Thanks again for your help. I dont' seem to have any other functionality issues that I am aware of.
              • 4. Re: How to remove a freeze frame
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
                First, make sure you're in timeline mode, not sceneline.

If you can't delete and close gap, it's because another clip (maybe music) is on a parallel video or audio track. Temporarily roll it back and you'll be able to delete and close gap on the offending clip -- assuming you''ve isolated it per my first post.