5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2008 10:16 AM by the_wine_snob

No Audio

When I use the "get media" option and click DVD........., everything seems to work OK except I cannot get audio after it is in the playback mode.

An error message says "Desktop Display Mode has been reset because the video card has returned an error. Please reset the Desktop Display Mode.......

I have tried to do this but to no avail. I tried to follow directions as close as possible but it wont happen.

Can anyone help me with this? Other Projects audio seem to work fine, only when I down load a DVD. This only occurred today, it had been working fine before.

One possible problem was MS sent me an update which messed up my computer, but I went back to a restore point and that solved all other issues.

Thanking you in advance.
        • 1. Re: No Audio
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
          This sometimes happens with video from DVDs, depending on the audio codec the DVD uses.

The best solution is to convert the DVD files to DV-AVIs before you bring them into Premiere Elements, per our FAQs.
          http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bc4800e
          • 2. Re: No Audio
            the_wine_snob Level 9
            Steve,

Just out of curiosity, has anybody experimented with adding a copy of the Encore AC3 .dll into PE? Doing so, allows P-Pro to Import and work with AC3 files in MPEG files. I do not recall reading of anyone trying this. In Pro, it's the AC3 encoding that causes the "no Audio" problem. However, it is even less friendly with files from DVD and will not touch a VOB.

Hunt
            • 3. Re: No Audio
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
              Interesting idea, Hunt.
              • 4. Re: No Audio
                PeterFDuke Level 1
                I tried adding a PPro effect to PE but it didn't work. (There could be more than one reason for that of course!) :)

On that basis I wouldn't assume that it was guaranteed to work.
                • 5. Re: No Audio
                  the_wine_snob Level 9
                  Out of curiosity, I'll stick the .dll into PE (after a Ghost, in case get pear-shaped in a hurry), and try to Import an AC3 MPEG. Probably have to Export one out of PP, but will report. May work, but probably will not. Who knows?

Will try this on Monday,

Hunt