2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2008 1:21 PM by Steve Grisetti

Help please, stupid question

I am making a movie for the law firm where I work. It is a wrongful death case--we are trying to tell the life story of the client in a documentary-style.

We have a lot of photos of the client that I'm using in the movie. I want to zoom in on the photos while the movie is playing, like in a documentary.

I am a total idiot when it comes to this stuff. Help?
        • 1. Re: Help please, stupid question
          PeterFDuke Level 1
          >I want to zoom in on the photos while the movie is playing, like in a documentary.

You should import photos with "Default Scale to Frame Size" set to off, and ideally have images with resolution at least equal to that of the video multiplied by your proposed zoom (scale) factor. For instance if you have NTSC, and you want to zoom in by a linear factor of two, images need to be twice 640x480 pixels or 1280x960. Don't make too many photos much bigger than this or Premiere Elements will struggle and perhaps crash.

Enter you photos and drag them to the appropriate places on the timeline
          Right-click on a photo and select Properties.
          In the Properties window select Motion.
          Set the Current Time Indicator to the time you want to start zooming and click on the stop-watch symbol to set a keyframe. Set the scale and position as desired.
          Move the CTI to the next (or last) position and set the scale and position as desired. Repeat if you want to zoom backwards and forwards.
          Repeat for subsequent photos.
          • 2. Re: Help please, stupid question
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
            You can find further explanations, with illustrations, for keyframing motion paths in my free Steve's Tips article downloadable from Muvipix.com.
            http://muvipix.com/products.php?subcat_id=41