3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2008 5:31 PM by Steve Grisetti

premiere elements 3.0 dvd playback fuzzy

I have adobe premiere elements 3.0 and a JVC Everio GZ-MG27U. Videos are shot in 16:9 format with the Everio. Premier Elements default set up is Widescreen NTSC video. Files are downloaded into Elements and then I go to File, Interpret Footage and change selection Pixel Aspect Ratio to DV NTSC 16:9.

When I view the videos in Elements preview, the video is very clear and sharp. When I burn the files to DVD and playback on my dvd player, the images are slightly fuzzy, not crisp or clear. How can I fix this?

FYI..I didn't realize until recently the setup function in Elements. In the past, all of my videos were taken in 16:9 format but downloaded into Elements in 4:3 and burned in the same format Of course, the dvd playback was not clear. As I did some research, I discovered the above process. While this has improved the quality of the playback, it still is not crisp/clear as it appears in Elements preview.

thanks in advance for your help!
      doris
        • 1. Re: premiere elements 3.0 dvd playback fuzzy
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
          Everios really are a problem for Premiere Elements for some reason. Here's a workaround one person came up with.
          http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bc1265c

The real question though is how did you get your video from the camcorder into your computer? Did you download the files? Use another program to capture them.

Far and away, the best way to guarantee the highest quality is to convert those Everio files to DV-AVIs using a program like MPEG Streamclip BEFORE you bring them into PRemiere Elements. The FAQs at the top of this forum tell you how.
          http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bc4800e
          • 2. Re: premiere elements 3.0 dvd playback fuzzy
            Level 1
            Steve,

Thanks for the info! I currently download the files from the camcorder to my external hard drive and then use Elements "add files from folder" function. I will try converting the .mod files to .avi before importing them into Elements and see if that helps. Question, if I upgrade to Premiere Elements 7.0 will these issues with Everio/.mod files still exist?? Love the camcorder and freedom from purchasing tapes but it is a hassle to find programs that work with it.

Doris
            • 3. Re: premiere elements 3.0 dvd playback fuzzy
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
              Unfortunately, that's the trade-off. Tapeless camcorders generally don't interface well with video editing programs.

And, no, an upgrade to version 7 won't make it any better. Sorry.