4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2008 12:43 AM by (Rodney_Fox)

error message on PE 3.0.2.  Crash when pointer click on Titles

Hello Everyone,

Vista Prefeesional.
      AVI files and projected worked and stored on UBS pocket hard drive.
      All avi files in system and on time line.
      Produced Titles. Made mistake so want to edit. Every time I click to edit, get error message, click ok, the PE disapears and I'm looking at desk top.

Other facts. Vedio shot on JVC GZ-HD3. It usess silly TOD files. Converted to avi using PRISM VIDEO CONVERTER. Shot in 1440 x 1080. Set up PE project on 1440 x 1080. JVC claim the firewire will work for streaming at 1440 x 1080. I have NEVER got it working. Want to chuck camera in bin.

It is so bad now I am unable to finalise my project (my son competing in the solo (bag) pipes hampionships... he came first in state. Also recorded his band; they came first too. Project important for evaluation before next competition.

Thanks for your interest in this forum. Rodney.
        • 1. Re: error message on PE 3.0.2.  Crash when pointer click on Titles
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
          I'm not at all clear on what you're saying, Rodney -- or if you're intentionally writing in jargon and I'm just missing the point.

But I highly recommend a call to Adobe Tech Support. I'm not sure we can help you here on the forum.
          http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bbe7d56
          • 2. Re: error message on PE 3.0.2.  Crash when pointer click on Titles
            Level 1
            Thanks Steve,

Sorry about the long winded explanation. I have in fact taken a screen shot of the problem but not sure whether I can get it on this forum.

Anyway, I'll put it more clearly.

1. Have imported video clips and put them on time line.
            2. Have used jpegs and gifs as background (when I need them).
            3. Placed titles on graphics. These titles say who is playing (the bag pipes in this cast) and what song they are playing.
            4. To save time I 'copied' the titles and pasted the copies along the time line. these copies need editing. the words are to be changed but I wish to retain the format.
            5. I discovered when you copy and past these titles, they all remain the same. If you edit them, all the titles change. This is a personal problem - I can not do copy and past for individual titles in the future.
            6. The problem. When I double click on the title I wish to edit, PE3 says that it has encountered an error (no error code). When I click ok, then the program instantly shuts down and I find myself back at the desk top.
            7 I have reinstalled the program, but it still does it.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Rodney.
            • 3. Re: error message on PE 3.0.2.  Crash when pointer click on Titles
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
              I'm still not quite sure what you're asking for, Rodney. I'm not sure what you mean when you say you "placed titles on graphics", for instance.

But, if you need to duplicate a title and you don't want to "clone" it so that when you change one it changes all copies, don't use copy and paste.

Instead, go to the project media panel, right-click on the title you want to copy and select duplicate to create new copies. These new titles will look just like the original but they will remain separate files so that you can customize and edit each separately.

Hope that helps.

As for the program shutting down, it's hard to say without knowing more about your computer hardware, your operating system, how much hard drive space you have, etc. That's why, rather than ask you a dozen questions, I recommend you contact Adobe Tech Support and let them walk you through a solution.
              • 4. Re: error message on PE 3.0.2.  Crash when pointer click on Titles
                Level 1
                Thank you Steve for the tip on duplication a title. It is of great help. Since using this the system hasn't crashed. The other issue happened when I double clicked on the (copied) title within the Monitor, the system crashed. I hope the editing of a title is still possible. Thanks again, Rodney.