36 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2010 7:43 AM by the_wine_snob

PE 7: Content Installer ?

Level 1
      I purchased and downloaded Premiere Elements 7 from the Adobe store. There are two downloads - the main program, and the additional "content".

I installed the main program - no problems.

The "content" download does not include an installer - just a large content file. When I start up PE7, I get the following message (paraphrased):

=======================

A reduced set of content has been installed. To install the full content, insert your program DVD and run Install Content.exe.

If you do not have a program DVD please visit:
      http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=101platform=Windows
      to download the content installer

=======================

That URL doesn't work - there's nothing there. I did a search for "Content Installer" on Adobe, but can't find anything.

Can anyone help me understand how I can get the "Content Installer" to install the full content?

Thanks,
      Mike
        • 1. Re: PE 7: Content Installer ?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
          Might be worth a call to Adobe Tech Support.
          http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bbe7d56

In the past, you launched the installer for additional templates, etc., from the main installation disc, at the splash screen.
          • 2. Re: PE 7: Content Installer ?
            Paul_LS Level 4
            Did you run the executale file from within the download... Setup.exe
            • 3. Re: PE 7: Content Installer ?
              Level 1
              Mike - I have the same issue and am TRYING to get adobe support to help -

b I will post the response here if/when I get one.

u Paul - I ran the install from the setup.exe (to install Pre)

The URL provided on the splash screen is badly formed - it is missing an ampersand between the two parameters - this doesn't solve the problem as it links to a null page.

b This issue is 4 fold...

For those downloading Premiere Elements 7....

1. The "full content" should install as part of the standard install - or at least provide the option or at the minimum provide the executable to allow it.

2. The URL on the splash screen is badly formed

3. Even when formed correctly the URL takes you to a "null page"

4. The Adobe support/download pages should have a searchable link to allow end users to find the content installer.
              • 4. Re: PE 7: Content Installer ?
                Level 1
                In the copy that I downloaded, there are two folders. There is setup in one with all the PE7 programme files and in the other folder is a folder called templates and another file, which is an application, called install content.

I clicked on setup for the programme installation and install content for the template installation. Works OK so far...
                • 5. Re: PE 7: Content Installer ?
                  Level 1
                  Thanks for the suggestion Makiru. Unfortunately my extracted download files don't include that folder or the installation program.

I have tried to re-extract and get the same result - also looked in every zipped file and sub folders !
                  • 6. Re: PE 7: Content Installer ?
                    Bruce Chastain Level 1
                    When I downloaded the addition content, I got 2 files, not 1. These:

2,961,575,144 PRE7_Cont_WWEFGJ.7z
                    1,228,320 PRE7_Cont_WWEFGJ.exe

Running PRE7_Cont_WWEFGJ.exe installed the additional content.

Bruce.
                    • 7. Re: PE 7: Content Installer ?
                      Level 1
                      Bruce,

Many thanks - looks like you've identified the problem !

I didn't get / don't have the file PRE7_Cont_WWEFGJ.exe

If anyone from Adobe is monitoring the forum could you post a link to where this file is available please.

Many thanks
                      • 8. Re: PE 7: Content Installer ?
                        Level 1
                        It appears that David and I have the same issue.

I don't have the PRE7_Cont_WWEFGJ.exe file in my download either. My download just contains the one single large file for the content.

Mike
                        • 9. Re: PE 7: Content Installer ?
                          Level 1
                          Actually, when you start the download there are two files. One is 522 MB and is the programme files. The file that comes with it is the download manager. The second file is the contents which includes the templates, the size is 2.7 GB. It also has the downlaod manager. So you in fact you should have two files, not counting the download manager(s), totalling 3.222 GB. The Premiere Elements 7 (522 MB) has the setup file and installs the programme. Once installed, in the Premiere Elements 7 Content file (2.7 GB) is an application to install the content into the programme. Initially, when you double click on the download manager for the content file, after you have downloaded the programme file, it states something like "there is already a file with this name, do you wish to overwrite it", you can click yes (it is only the download manager file, I think, because the two files for the PE7 programme and the PE7 content have different names) or choose a different location for the content file and then download. That's all I did and it works OK. The below is a sort of screen print and shows what you should have in you account to download once you have made the purchase and its been confirmed, if you don't have both of the following, it won't work.

Best of luck.

Adobe Premiere Elements 7 Windows, English
                          Adobe Download Manager
                          522 MB

Adobe Premiere Elements 7 Content Windows, Multiple Languages
                          Adobe Download Manager
                          2.7 GB
                          • 10. Re: PE 7: Content Installer ?
                            Level 1
                            Thanks Makiru - that solved my problem. By simply downloading the two large downloads in to DIFFERENT LOCATIONS, I was able to find all the files, and none were over-written. Then I had the content installer available to use.

I appreciate all the responses,
                            Mike
                            • 11. Re: PE 7: Content Installer ?
                              Level 1
                              I have not been able to get my serial number for the download of Premiere Elements from Adobe. Is anyone else experiencing this problem. I received an email saying my order was shipped and sent me to the download site, but there was no serial number for Premiere (just for Photoshop) I have contacted Customer Service several times and I'm told they will email it. STILL NOTHING!
                              • 12. Re: PE 7: Content Installer ?
                                Level 1
                                Thanks Guys - that solved the problem - obviously need to download them one at a time to get all of the files needed - wonder if Adobe support will ever respond with the answer !!

Thanks again.......now to solve the freezing problems !

Other than that looks like promising software.
                                • 13. Re: PE 7: Content Installer ?
                                  Level 1
                                  Can Adobe just fix the link they have for the Content Installer? I did not make a copy of the DVD and the install time takes a few hours during business hours.
                                  • 14. Re: PE 7: Content Installer ?
                                    the_wine_snob Level 9
                                    Cj1,

This is something that you will have to take up with Adobe, since we are all just "users" in this forum. None of us is employed by Adobe.

Hunt
                                    • 15. Re: PE 7: Content Installer ?
                                      Level 1
                                      When I try to install / open the contents file I get this message -
                                      the setup has detected that premiere elements is currently in use. Please close premiere elements , then launch setup again The problem is that premiere elements in NOT currently in use !. I have tried twice. Your help and advice will be appreciated.
                                      • 16. Re: PE 7: Content Installer ?
                                        Contact Adobe Tech Support, John.
                                        http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bbe7d56
                                        • 17. Re: PE 7: Content Installer ?
                                          Level 1
                                          thanks buddie
                                          • 18. Re: PE 7: Content Installer ?
                                            Level 1
                                            i have been able to download pe7 but not the content file. when it downloaded, it did not load as a exe but rather as PRE7_Cont_WWEFGJ.7z (2.7 GB)
                                            upon attempting to launch it, i got the message that it could not be recognized how to open the file and to either choose a source to open it with or to have the web search for me (which i did, to no prevail!) so, how do open this darn thing!? got any suggestions?
                                            • 19. Re: PE 7: Content Installer ?
                                              The solution is listed right above your post, in this very thread.

If you can't see it, click the Show All Messages button.
                                              • 20. Re: PE 7: Content Installer ?
                                                Level 1
                                                Hi Guys,
                                                Two problems if i may.
                                                1) When I try to install / open the contents file ( PRE7_Cont_WWEFGJ ) I get this message -
                                                the setup has detected that premiere elements is currently in use. Please close premiere elements , then launch setup again The problem is that premiere elements in NOT currently in use !. I have tried twice. Your help and advice will be appreciated.
                                                2) Missing icons. Im probably doing something wrong here but the icons that should appear under the tabs EDIT and ORGENIZE are not there.
                                                In the Tasks pallet , under the EDIT tab there are 5 icons called project, themes, effects, transition, and Titles. Also under the ORGENIZE tab there are 4 icons that are called, Get media, InstantMovie, Tagging, and Smart Tagging. These icons disappear most times
                                                and I have to go to the Window drop down menu to find them. Your advice please , and many thanks
                                                Reply from Adobe Web Support
                                                Hello John,
                                                Re:- Premiere® Elements 7.
                                                I understand you receive an error when attempting to install additional
                                                content, and icons are missing below the navigation tabs.
                                                The error message setup has detected that Premiere Elements is
                                                currently in use. Please close Premiere Elements, then launch setup
                                                again may indicate that a process is running in the background.

To resolve this issue, please perform the following steps:
                                                1. Right-click the Microsoft® Windows XP® taskbar and select Task
                                                Manager.
                                                2. Under the Applications tab of the Task Manager, please ensure Adobe
                                                Premiere Elements or Photoshop Elements is not running in the background.
                                                3. If Adobe Premiere Elements or PhotoShop Elements is running in the background, please
                                                select the application and press End Task.
                                                4. Next, switch to the Processes tab and look for a process named Adobe
                                                Premiere Elements.exe. and Photoshop ElementsEditor.exe.
                                                5. If Adobe Premiere Elements.exe or Photoshop ElementsEditor.exe. is running, please select the process and press End Process.

If you are still unable to install the additional content, please refer
                                                to our knowledge base document kb404997. Perform step 8 and try the
                                                installation again. Continue to step 7 if necessary. To access the
                                                document, simply copy the following and paste it in the address bar of
                                                your web browser:
                                                http://www.adobe.com/go/kb404997

Thank you Support team - the issue with disappearing icons sorted itself out after I completed the above. Kind regards, John
                                                • 21. Re: PE 7: Content Installer ?
                                                  Thank you for posting this, John. It's very helpful.

May I include it in our FAQs?
                                                  • 22. Re: PE 7: Content Installer ?
                                                    Level 1
                                                    Hi Steve , glad i could help , of course please include into FAQs.
                                                    • 23. Re: PE 7: Content Installer ?
                                                      You're part of the FAQs now, John. Thank you!
                                                      • 24. Re: PE 7: Content Installer ?
                                                        Level 1
                                                        Cheers Steve ..
                                                        • 25. Re: PE 7: Content Installer ?
                                                          Level 1
                                                          On my downloads page, I have two options:

Adobe Premiere Elements 7
                                                          Adobe Premiere Elements 7 Content

No matter which download I select, I end up with the same two files:

PRE7_WWEFGJ.7z (534,329kb)
                                                          PRE7_WWEFGJ.exe (1,200kb)

What do I have to do to get the additional content files?
                                                          • 26. Re: PE 7: Content Installer ?
                                                            Level 1
                                                            Never mind ... I used a different link to get to the downloads and this one has the correct files. The first time, I used the download link from the order history page - it doesn't have the correct files. If I click on the download link from my account page, the files are there. Go figure ...
                                                            • 27. Re: PE 7: Content Installer ?
                                                              Level 1
                                                              that's nice Glenda , glad to hear it all happened ok.
                                                              • 28. Re: PE 7: Content Installer ?
                                                                Level 1
                                                                Are the content files available to trial users? I dont see the content files, just the program (which I do have installed)
                                                                • 29. Re: PE 7: Content Installer ?
                                                                  AMazd00001 Level 1

I've gone through this entire thread, and the links mentioned either don't relate to Premiere Elements (e.g. http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bbe7d56 ), or the pages take you to download of verion 8, which Adobe is pushing to sell...

Why on earth there isn't a URL that can be published where people that have purchased Pre7 via download and don't have the DVD to go and download the content file PRE7_Cont_WWEFGJ.exe ???

Just because a new version is out, users should not be deprived from getting hold of the content of the previous version that they have Paid for.

If anyone knows where to get this file from, please let us know and it will be greatly appreciated.

• 30. Re: PE 7: Content Installer ?

Well, technically it's not for version 7 -- which is obsolete and no longer supported -- but should also work in it.

Why not download it from here?

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=premiere_elements&loc=en_us

• 31. Re: PE 7: Content Installer ?
                                                                      AMazd00001 Level 1

Hello Steve,

Thank you very much for your prompt response. The page you had mentioned is

to download version 8, which I did and got the installer program and the

PremiereElements_8_LS8.7z; after attempting to install on my Vista machine

(which runs version 7 fine), after extracting and crunching for several

minutes, it said that the installation was interrupted (which wasn't) and it

rolled back and ended up installing nothing.

So basically I still do not have the content that was supposed to come with

version 7.... I understand your department may have given you directives not

to answer any issues regarding the unsupported version (7) and probably your

email is already beyond "line of duty", but if you can give me a hint as

where I can get a copy of the additional content that comes with either

version (which you said the one from 8 should work in 7 too) I would greatly

appreciate.

Thanks,

Ara

• 32. Re: PE 7: Content Installer ?

Ara, I don't have a "department". None of us on the forum work for Adobe. We're just users helping other users out -- so we all do our best.

But, unless you can get your hands on an installation disc for version 7, I don't know where you're going to get the additional content. It was on the site for a year, but is no longer available. Sorry.

• 33. Re: PE 7: Content Installer ?
                                                                          AMazd00001 Level 1

Thank you Steve, and sorry for thinking you are part of the Adobe

organization (my first post on the forum...).

All the Best.

• 35. Re: PE 7: Content Installer ?
                                                                            AMazd00001 Level 1

it did work! thank you very much.

• 36. Re: PE 7: Content Installer ?
                                                                              the_wine_snob Level 9
                                                                              it did work! thank you very much

Great news! Thanks for reporting success.

Hunt