3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2008 1:08 PM by (Jon_Radin)

Importing Panoramas into Premiere Elements 7

Hope someone can help. I shoot a number of still panoramas that are stitched together in Photoshop Elements 7 Photomerge, that I would like to put into videos and pan across. Unfortunately, I am getting file size errors,file width and height too large, suggesting there is a maximum still file size that Premiere Elements would recognize. I would like to get maximum resolution of the images, and am not satisfied when I resize the image and then zoom in.
      Thanks for your help.
        • 1. Re: Importing Panoramas into Premiere Elements 7
          Paul_LS Level 4
          I did a similar panoramic video project using stitched photos from PSE. However I did not exceed the maximum size (cant recall off hand what it is) and I had no quality issues when zooming and panning even for a 1920x1080 HDV export. If PE7 will not accept the file you will need to resize it. Have you looked at the different resizing options in PSE, Bicubic, Bicubic Sharpened etc to try to optimize the quality of the scaled photo.

Also remember if you are viewing on astandard TV the 720x480 resolution will limit the quailty anyway.
          • 2. Re: Importing Panoramas into Premiere Elements 7
            PeterFDuke Level 1
            I have imported a panned image (stitched with Serif Panorama Plus 3) that was 4096x576 (PAL), giving quite a wide panorama with no loss of quality. For NTSC the height could be 480 with no quality loss. My guess (I haven't tried it) is that each dimension on an image must 4096 (2^12) or less.

If 4096 pixels is not enough, then you could chop your panned image into smaller bits and reassemble on the timeline (assuming PE didn't crash!)
            • 3. Re: Importing Panoramas into Premiere Elements 7
              Level 1
              Thanks for your responses, what I'm going to try is resizing the image to maintain proportions to be 1080 x whatever, then cropping it to get multiple 1920 x 1080 images then overlapping and panning each one. Seems like alot of work, but should be the best resolution.