8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2008 10:34 AM by the_wine_snob

Heroglyph Plug in

Level 1
      Does anyone know how to plug in Heroglpyh to PE4?
      Jessica
        • 1. Re: Heroglyph Plug in
          Paul_LS Level 4
          You may want to post over on Muvipix.com Chuck uses Heroglyph:
          http://muvipix.com/phpBB3/index.php
          • 2. Re: Heroglyph Plug in
            the_wine_snob Level 9
            Jessica,

Along with Paul's suggestion, when one installs Heroglyph, it automatically links to PE. It appears at the bottom of the Effects list. When invoked, the Heroglyph program launches.

ProDAD has a good tutorial on the use of VitaScene and Heroglyph works almost exactly the same. I do not recall a specific tutorial for Heroglyph. Chuck had a link directly to the VitaScene tut, in the "Tools" sub-form at Muvipix, IIRC. If that is not correct, a search for VitaScene should show it up in the proper sub-forum.

Personally, I'd like to see a full tut on Heroglyph, as there are some differences, but I have not found one on the ProDAD site yet - probably there, but it has eluded me. If you find one, please post back with the exact link - thanks.

Hunt
            • 3. Re: Heroglyph Plug in
              Level 1
              Thanks to you both. I've installed the trial version and I just couldn't find it. But, there it is. It's towards the bottom, but, not quite at the very bottom. I'll let you know how the trial goes and if I find a tutorial.
              Thanks again.
              Jessica
              • 4. Re: Heroglyph Plug in
                the_wine_snob Level 9
                Glad you found it Jessica. That's a problem with describing the location of plug-ins. On one system, they may be one place, on another system someplace else, depending on what is loaded. I've not even looked to see where they show up in my PE, but in Pro, they are the last two plug-ins.

Also note that with VitaScene and Heroglyph, there is a link between the program that pops up and Premiere. It's kina' like Dynamic Link between Premiere & AfterEffects in the Production Studio. However, using it is not as intuitive, as I would have liked, or expected. You might want to watch the VitaScene tutorial a few times, to see this linking in real-time. Seems that the link key is F12 (check me out on that). It *seems* that Heroglyph was a bit easier back in Pinnacle Studio 9, but then it came bundled with my versions, so there might have been more direct interaction between the programs.

Let us know how you like it. Also, before you buy it, you might want to check www.digitaljuice.com, as they just had a good sale on ProDAD programs. The pricing for those was not reflected on the ProDAD site, only on DigitalJuice's. I think that I got both VitaScene & Heroglyph for about what Heroglyph normally sells for. Thanks to Chuck Engles on MuviPix for pointing out that sale.

Hunt
                • 5. Re: Heroglyph Plug in
                  Heroglyph tutorials
                  http://www.prodad.de/gb/heroglyph_std_workshop.html
                  • 6. Re: Heroglyph Plug in
                    Level 1
                    Well, I've been using heroglyph a bit and vita scene a bit less. I like them both. The transition between interfaces is very smooth. The Heroglyph interface is not as intuitive as I'd like it to be, but, I'm finding my way around it. I really, really like it. I think both programs will add a lot of depth to my videos. But, I have to ask myself if just updating to Premiere Pro would be the best option. Does Pro do all those effects too? I'm going to check out Digital Juice as well Thanks for the tips. I'll get back to you on that.
                    Jessica
                    • 7. Re: Heroglyph Plug in
                      Level 1
                      digital juice is not carrying either program right now.
                      • 8. Re: Heroglyph Plug in
                        the_wine_snob Level 9
                        Jessica,

As far as the use of the ProDAD products, the interface with Pro is almost identical. This, alone, would not be a reason to go to Pro. Actually, PE has some instant Transitions and Effects that are all done "by hand," in Pro, or in AfterEffects.

Now, there are some major differences (first in the interface) between these two programs. There is much more "power" in Pro, especially coupled with Encore (ships together). However, one does need to learn how to manually unlease this power, as less is confined to simple buttons and such. Still to me, the biggest difference is in the GUI and workflow.

In the Premiere Pro2 forum, I posted an article on some of the differences, that I found between PP CS2 and PE4. This will be similar between CS3 and PE4. Now, I do not yet have CS4 and do not have PE7, so I cannot make any comparisons between those two. I think one could "read between the lines" a bit, and compare CS4 to CS3, then PE4 to PE7, and interpolate.

Hunt