4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 10, 2008 5:55 AM by (Robert_Velds)

Drag clips to timeline 1 in PRE7

Level 1
      I simply want to have some clips on time line 1. But when I drag the file from my folder to the timeline it always appears on the most upper one. Also an improvement I missed in version 4? I found no threads on this issue, so it should be a minor item I guess.
      And can I disable the organiser function or at least delete the clips from that area? Al my clips are intended to die in the bin... (So no reason to use this functionality)
      Rob
        • 1. Re: Drag clips to timeline 1 in PRE7
          Paul_LS Level 4
          What project preset are you using???? If you are using an AVCHD DD 5.1 audio project the first 3 timelines are reserved for DD 5.1 audio. If you drag a clip with stereo audio to the timeline it will be placed on video/audio track 4. Alternatively, the opposite, if you are using a non DD 5.1 audio project preset and you use a DD 5.1 audio clip it will be placed on the upper most track. So basically you need to pick the correct project preset for the clips that you are using.

I am not sure if you can turn off the Organizer functionality but you can delete the clips from the Organizer and it will not effect your project.
          • 2. Re: Drag clips to timeline 1 in PRE7
            Level 1
            Thanks Paul
            There is some light in the tunnel now, but the end is not in sight yet.
            I made a test AVCHD project stereo and I can import photos on track 1. However my videoclips with my Sony HDR-SR11 are (unfortunately) in 5.1.
            Placing such a videoclip on the timeline ends up in placing the clip on track 2.
            After that I'm free to use track 3 for further titling, pictures etc.
            The problem in my earlier posting was a 5.1 AVCHDproject (Chosen for that preset following the Sony videoclips)
            Rob
            • 3. Re: Drag clips to timeline 1 in PRE7
              Paul_LS Level 4
              There is no issue when working with multiple audio/video tracks. In more complex projects with effects and overlays you may use a large number of tracks.
              • 4. Re: Drag clips to timeline 1 in PRE7
                Level 1
                So far, so good. Thanks
                Rob