3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2008 10:15 PM by Robert J. Johnston

PE4 HDV progressive support?

What kind of support does premiere elements have for more professional HDV cameras? such as those that film in 24p, 25p and other progressive frame rates?
        • 1. Re: PE4 HDV progressive support?
          Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          None,
          There is a preset for Canon for Premiere 2/CS3 you can use in Elements.
          http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=3408&fileID=3205
          • 2. Re: PE4 HDV progressive support?
            Robert J. Johnston Level 2
            You may not be able to render a preview unless you have another video editing application that has a certain codec, whatever that may be. Without it, after rendering a preview, you may see only a "Media Pending" placeholder instead of your video.

In pre 7 it didn't work until I installed Sony DVD Architect Studio 4.5c. After uninstalling Sony DVD Architect Studio, pre 7 went back to displaying the "Media Pending" notice after rendering a preview. This may be a problem only with pre 7 and not pre 4, but if you run into this problem, then you will know.
            • 3. Re: PE4 HDV progressive support?
              Robert J. Johnston Level 2
              Well, after further digging, I found that pre 7 didn't want to use the codecs Adobe packaged with it. It was evidently using whatever had the highest merit value, and that wasn't compatible with pre 7 for some reason. Now I've got the preview working again.