5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2008 4:50 PM by Ozpeter

Premiere Elements 7 - "Multiplexing has Failed" (on export to h.264 1920x1080i30)

Level 1
      New to the forum. I have the PSE7/PRE7 bundle I purchased and downloaded direct from Adobe a couple of weeks ago. I also have a Canon HF100 AVCHD Camcorder.

My problem is this. Whenever I attempt to render one of my camcorder clips (AVCHD .MTS files) that I've dropped in the timeline using the "h.264 1920x1080i 30" share option, it gets all the way through the rendering process and then with 5 seconds left, I get a "Multiplexing has failed" error and it fails to complete the rendering job. The clips are shot at 1920x1080 60i at 17MB/s. I import the clips and attempt the render in the 1920x1080i 30 (not 5.1) "preset".

I cannot for the life of me figure out the problem. I called tech support and the best they could suggest was to have me re-install PRE7...which I did...twice...and the problem persists.

I'm running 32-bit Vista Ultimate on a Dell D820 notebook with a 2.0Ghz Core 2 Duo Processor, 2GB RAM, a 320GB 7200RPM HDD, and a 512MB NVIDIA Quadro NVS 120 Video Card, so processing power shouldn't be the problem. In fact I can render in every other format I've tried without issue.

Other potentially relevant software installed (although I've uninstalled all of this in an attempt to see if they were causing problems, and the problem persists whether or not they're installed) include QuickTime 7, Nero 9, and Pixella ImageMixer 3 SE (the software that came with the HF100 which I don't use, but installed solely to provide the codec to view the .MTS files in WMP11 and in the PSE7 organizer).

Any suggestions as to what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance!

--Mav