1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 20, 2008 1:33 PM by (Max_Blumeyer)

Hi

Hi. I did the above and updated to version 3.02. But i couldn't see 32-bit in the compatibility window so chose XP. however, i'm still having problems just opening the Capture window. it just won't open. my pc freezes and i end up having to shut it down. any ideas?
        • 1. Genghiz: I have 64-bit Vista on an HP laptop, and am able to run PE4
          Genghiz:

I have 64-bit Vista on an HP laptop, and am able to run PE4. However, you must be careful not to be runnng a lot of other apps in background, and you need plenty of hard drive space. As for the capture problem, what are you trying to capture? If you are trying to capture video from a camera that is recording in .avi, not .avi2, you will have trouble. To capture those files, download the files to a separate folder using the software recommended by the video camera manufacturer. Then use another program to convert the .avi files to .avi2 files. you will then be able to use the .avi2 files in PE4. You can download DVDate from the web, and it's free if you are not a commercial enterprise. I've used DVDate often and it works well.

Max Blumeyer