3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2008 8:01 AM by the_wine_snob

So, if I have Intel (I do) I should check with them

Level 1
      So, if I have Intel (I do) I should check with them? I played this clip again, looked for defects, found none , tried to export and it froze twice but did fine the third time. No pattern. What "outside sources" can affect making an avi like disc de-fragmenting, doing other things while a clip is rendering like e-mailing ect? Can outside sources "contaminate" an AVI? I will do as you suggest and I will try to figure this out. and get back to you....Thanks
        • 1. Re: So, if I have Intel (I do) I should check with them
          the_wine_snob Level 9
          Bill,

You might want to post to the main section, rather than to a FAQ sub-forum.

Also, please provide a little more detail on your system (complete with OS and program version numbers), your Project (as much detail as you can give), your Assets (here, dig deeply for details. Use a freeware program G-Spot [www.headbands.com/gspot] to gather all of the info on your AVIs. Remember, AVI is just a wrapper. There can be a lot of different CODECs inside and they each behave differently.), and finally exactly what your problem is.

I'll bet that someone can help you out.

Hunt
          • 2. Re: So, if I have Intel (I do) I should check with them
            Level 1
            Please post the completer query in a post rather than making it a continuation from the last post. We will be able to help you once you tell us the entire issue.
            • 3. Re: So, if I have Intel (I do) I should check with them
              the_wine_snob Level 9
              Kami-Kaze,

I agree completely. I had found this thread posted to the FAQ sub-forum and it appeared to be a follow-up to an earlier post, but I was not sure.

Even at the risk of having duplicate posts, I think it would help the OP get some answers. If there is a duplicate, maybe some kind soul will add links between each, so we can follow along. I have not seen the companion post, or I'd do it.

Hunt

[Edit] I think that this is part of:
              http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b6d16a/3