2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2008 1:04 AM by (Kami-Kaze)

Capture problem with Prem Elements 4

When I capture video from a Sony digital 8 Handycam, it drops part of it. If I capture 30 minutes of video, when I stop capture it only shows the last 8 or so minutes and the first 22 minutes are dropped and can't be found. I can make it work if i capture in 8 minute blocks, but that's a lot of trouble. Opearting system is Windows XP. Any suggestions?
        • 1. Re: Capture problem with Prem Elements 4
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
          None, other than that it should work. It works fine with my Digital8.

But, without knowing more about your system, camcorder and workflow, it's hard to say what's going on.

Are you sure the time and date was set on the camcorder when that segment was taped? Otherwise, the tape won't have clean timecode.

Is this several scenes or one continuous 30 minute scene with no cuts?

Are you saving these files to your C drive or to another hard drive? Is whatever drive you're saving to formatted as NTFS or FAT32 (which has a file size limitation that can truncate captures)?
          • 2. Re: Capture problem with Prem Elements 4
            Level 1
            From Edit>preferences> Capture, uncheck "Abort capture on dropped frames" if this option is checked. It is really strange that first 22 minutes are being dropped ahile the last 8 minutes can be found. I would suggest that in your PRE prganizer, click <show all> and check if all the files are being displayed. Alse drag the files to timeline and check the duration of the entire clip.