4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2008 2:28 AM by (Kami-Kaze)

Error when trying to render

I am having trouble with an error in Prem 3. When I go to the timeline and click on render work area I get the message Sorry, a serious error has occured that requires Adobe Prem 3 to shut down. We will attempt to save your project. I have tried and tried again, closed the PC, started it again and every time this error occurs. I have made many hours of video on P3 with no problems and now am stuck with a large project on hand. HELP.
        • 1. Re: Error when trying to render
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
          Assuming that there's no difference between this project and the others you've had success with (same video source files, same approximate project length, same computer, same operating system), the most likely issue would be lack of clean, defragmented hard drive space.

Have you got at least 30 gigs of free space on your hard drive, and have you recently cleaned and defragged it?
          http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bc43f9a
          • 2. Re: Error when trying to render
            Level 1
            Thank you for your reply. Yes I have plenty of gigs and my PC is defragmented and I use Disc cleaner and the problem still occurs. However, I have now found that I can bypass the rendering and go straight to Burn to Folder in My Videos. I collect my videos there and then I burn them to a DVD with another programme called Nero. I have had to do this because for some reason I cant burn through PE3. We have discussed this before and think it is probably because my burner is not compatible with PE3. Should I remove PE3 and reload the programme and hopefully not loose all of my Working Folder?
            • 3. Re: Error when trying to render
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
              If you've found a solution that works, Ros, I'd stay with it.

You're probably not going to recover the ability to burn directly to a disk by re-installing. Most likely a program is monopolizing your DVD burner and not letting other programs get to it. (Nero is notorious for this.) I'd just leave it the way it is. It costs you no more time and just a few extra mouse clicks.
              • 4. Re: Error when trying to render
                Level 1
                if render fails right in the begining this would notmally mean a corrupted frame. You can try and remove 1 minute of clip in the begining and render the rest. If this works, you should be good to go.