4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2008 1:45 AM by (Kami-Kaze)

Workflow for editing and organizing video with PSE7 and PRE7

I'm quite new to using PSE to organize my videos, and would appreciate suggestions on tutorials or guides creating a nice workflow to keep the growing number of clips manageable.

What I've done is to import my videos into a separate catalog, and I kind of hoped that I could make version sets like with still photos. I can't seem to find that option. Is it possible?

Alternatively, I'd like to just replace the original clip with an edited version, but again I haven't found an easy way to do it.

Any suggestions on how to start are welcome, also if they take a different approach from what I mention above.
        • 1. Re: Workflow for editing and organizing video with PSE7 and PRE7
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
          I've created an overview of the Organizer and its functions for Muvipix.com. You can find it here:
          http://muvipix.com/products.php?subcat_id=7

Otherwise, there's unfortunately little information on it.

http://www.muvipix.com, a site set up by a number of experienced Premeiere Elements users with some support from Adobe, offers one of the most friendly, helpful forums on the web and includes a large number of complimentary products including tutorials, tips, DVD templates, stock footage, motion backgrounds and sound effects. And, for a small annual fee which we use to keep the site up and running, you can have unlimited downloads from our ever-growing library of high-end tutorials, tips and products.
          • 2. Re: Workflow for editing and organizing video with PSE7 and PRE7
            Barb__O Level 4
            >What I've done is to import my videos into a separate catalog, and I kind of hoped that I could make version sets like with still photos. I can't seem to find that option. Is it possible?

I believe that the limitation of only having version sets for photos still applies in version 7. And I think that Stacks are also limited to photos.

I agree with Steve's suggestion of looking at the muvipix site and you can also post your question in the Community (forums) at the muvipix site. I have significant experience with photos in the Organizer but less experience with video: however I can think of some participants on the muvipix forums who have more experience with videos in the Organizer.
            • 3. Re: Workflow for editing and organizing video with PSE7 and PRE7
              Level 1
              Thank you both for your answers. I'll check out muvipix, and hopefully contribute with my own experience along the way as I learn.
              • 4. Re: Workflow for editing and organizing video with PSE7 and PRE7
                Level 1
                Vidar, You cannot create Stacks or version sets . But it would get created automatically if you choose the scene detect option while capturing the video using PE7. However, there is a great option of using Smart Albums which will help you group your video by a num,ber of defined set of criteria.
                Creating number of catalogs , I dont think is the best use of Organizers capability. I would rather use Labum and Tags to Manage them from a single catalog.