8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2009 8:50 AM by Steve Grisetti

Premiere elements 4 help

Help with Premiere Elements 4
      Very new user can anyone tell me if I can take a long video (30- 40 min)and break it down into 5-10 min videos. if so how. Also how to find books or training videos with out spending a lot. I don't mind buying but need something very basic .Like with Photoshop I got a book called Teach Yourself Visually. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Jim
      jprevatte28@yahoo.com
        • 1. Re: Premiere elements 4 help
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
          Well, my book is for version 7, but virtually all of it applies to version 4 also. It's available on Amazon or through the store at Muvipix.com at:
          http://astore.amazon.com/chuckengelsco-20/detail/0615248993/104-3709942-5611121

You might also want to look at the book I wrote with Chuck Engels for version 2 (though most of it still applies). "Premiere Elements 2 In a Snap" walks you step by step through 125 tasks, from simple capturing and editing to creating DVD menus and creating special effects like Star Wars style credits and making a person seem to fly. There are couple still available on Amazon.com and from Muvipix.
          http://muvipix.com/products.php?subcat_id=22

There are also a number of Steve's tips articles and tutorials, many available at no charge, from Muvipix (which also hosts a great forum in its "Community" area).
          http://muvipix.com/products.php

There are number of ways to output a large project in parts. The easiest is to place the clip on the timeline and trim it (by dragging in the ends) to the length you want your ouput. Then go to Share/Personal Computer and output to the DV-AVI (or whatever form you're looking for) option.
          • 2. Re: Premiere elements 4 help
            I made a slide show of pictures as a gift on Elements 4 with a menu, and music and transitions. I am pretty new with the program and once I finally figured it out. . . I created a DVD of my movie, which is 8 minutes and 5 seconds. After I created the DVD, I tested out my movie in my DVD player to try it and everything worked except there was no sound from the menu like normal and the two songs that I put playing along with the slide show was not playing. I have tried different things that some people told me to try and then re-burned the DVD, however it had the same result. Does anyone know how to get my music playing with my slide show when I burn it? The help would be greatly appriciated.
            • 3. Re: Premiere elements 4 help
              Because your topic is unrelated to the initial post in two-month old thread, you may want to start your own topic, Alicia, so people can find you.

Meantime, make sure to tell us in your new thread where you got the music you added to your DVD menu, and if you can hear the music when you play your DVD on your computer.
              • 5. Re: Premiere elements 4 help
                Mellieha Level 1
                I am new to Premier Elements 4 and in the "Dummy" category. I have a Sony camera which produces MPG files, no problems. I have several old clips from a Samsung camera, but when I try to import these files to a project they only show up as Audio. These clips are AVI (VLC Media file). I initially installed VLC Media Player to play these clips properly (Audio & Video) as they would only play audio on Windows Media Player. It appears I have the same problem with Premier Elements as I do with Windows Media Player. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John, So'ton, UK.
                • 6. Re: Premiere elements 4 help
                  Because your topic is unrelated to the initial post in two-month old thread, you may want to start your own topic, John, so people can find you.
                  • 7. Re: Premiere elements 4 help
                    Mellieha Level 1
                    Thanks, I'm new to this, How do I do start my own topic?
                    • 8. Re: Premiere elements 4 help
                      In the main forum, click New Topic.