9 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2009 6:28 AM by Steve Grisetti

Sound Miss Match

Level 1
      Hi All,

Trying to work out a fix and a reason why the sound track somehow gets misaligned with the footage track, very frustrating when I have been working on a project for a few hours and then when I have clip of someone talking the sound is all out of whack..

Any ideas on how to fix it or what causes the problem..

Thanks..
        • 1. Re: Sound Miss Match
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
          It depends on two things:

1) Is the audio track physically changing positions on your timeline, relative to the video track?

or

2) If the audio and video track are aligned as you're editing but still sound of out sync, what are your source files and what type of camcorder did they come from? Some types of MPEGs, for instance, use codecs for that audio that Premiere Elements translates at a slower rate.
          • 2. Re: Sound Miss Match
            Level 1
            Hi Steve, Sorry it has taken me a while to get back to you, I gave up on the project I was working on and have now started a new project and once again I have encountered the same problem.

It appears that the sound is out like your 1st point changing positions on the time line, the clip is a avi file. It played fine on my PC using Media player but on Premier Elements it is out by around a second..

Will it work when the project is burnt to disk..??

Thanks for your help..

Nick..
            • 3. Re: Sound Miss Match
              So you're saying that the video clip and audio for the same clip are in two different places on your timeline?

Can you post a screenshot of that some place? I can't imagine why that would happen.
              • 4. Re: Sound Miss Match
                Level 1
                Hi Steve,

Can you explain how to take a screen dump, I've done it in the past but cant remember how to do it.

I've checked the timeline again and the sound appears to be out. Very frustrating and now when ever I try to add TXT the a clip I am getting a run time error and the program crashes.. Also very frustrating..

Nick..
                • 5. Re: Sound Miss Match
                  To do a screen capture, press the Print Scrn key, then paste into a Photoshop Elements file and save it as a JPEG.
                  • 6. Re: Sound Miss Match
                    Level 1
                    I must be doing something wrong as nothing is happening, I'm trying to do the screen dump on the clip with the sound mismatch on Premier Elements.. I also tried the screen dump on the original footage file and that's not doing anything either..

Nick..
                    • 7. Re: Sound Miss Match
                      Without knowing what steps you're taking, I can't tell hwat you're doing wrong, Nick. Sorry.
                      • 8. Re: Sound Miss Match
                        Level 1
                        Hi Steve,

I found a fix for the sound miss match, I remember another problem I was having with another HD camera I use trying to convert the clip into something that Premier Elements could use. So I tried it with this clip and it worked.. I saved the clip on WMM to my PC and then dropped the flip into the time line and it worked perfectly..

Thanks for your help..
                        • 9. Re: Sound Miss Match
                          Great solution, HD!