11 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2008 4:48 PM by (MarkButler)

additional content for downloaded PE7 licensed version

Level 1
      Anyone know how to download the additional content? I d/l PE7, purchased a
      license and it says:

A reduced set of content (Instant movie Themes, Title and menu Templates,
      etc) has been installed. To install the full content set, please insert your
      program DVD and run InstallContent.exe

if you do not have a program DVD please visit
      http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=101platform=Windows
      to download the content installer.

The link shown doesn't work, it just returns a null page. When i go to the
      general downloads page, I can't find any kind of additional content download
      for PE7, just the trial.

Anyone know what the actual link is?

Mark
        • 1. Re: additional content for downloaded PE7 licensed version
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
          From the FAQs at the top of this forum:
          http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b6d820
          • 2. Re: additional content for downloaded PE7 licensed version
            Level 1
            Cool, thanks!<br /><br />(as a separate issue, when using a newsreader for the forum, is there an <br />easy way to get to the faq?)<br /><br />Mark<br /><br /><grisetti_steve@adobeforums.com> wrote in message <br />news:59b6ef51.0@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />> From the FAQs at the top of this forum:<br />> <a href=http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b6d820>
            • 3. Re: additional content for downloaded PE7 licensed version
              Level 1
              hmmm,<br /><br />I'm getting a different issue. When i click the link you show on that page, <br />I get is the downloads page but the text "Error: null has been reported." is <br />all that is shown. Does it with both firefox and IE7...<br /><br />Could be a website error, I'll try again tomorrow.<br /><br />Mark<br /><br /><br /><br /><grisetti_steve@adobeforums.com> wrote in message <br />news:59b6ef51.0@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />> From the FAQs at the top of this forum:<br />> <a href=http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b6d820>
              • 4. Re: additional content for downloaded PE7 licensed version
                Level 1
                Hi Mark,

The correct link is:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=101&platform=Windows

Please let me know if it works. I have the DVD as well but since I have not installed the 2nd DVD, I keep getting this notification (I have preferred not to choose "Don't show again", just as a reminder).
                On my system the link shows up correctly. Looks like a late bug fix :)

-Jarek
                • 5. Re: additional content for downloaded PE7 licensed version
                  Level 1
                  Also please check if you have a "Templates" folder in the build downloaded by you. If yes, you can run the "Setup.exe" file inside it to install the additional content.

-Jarek
                  • 6. Re: additional content for downloaded PE7 licensed version
                    Level 1
                    Jarek,<br /><br />Thanks for the fixed link. That does in fact take me to a download <br />page..yaa! (Steve, you may want to change your FAQ to include the correct <br />link)<br /><br />Unfortunately I don't see anything that seems to be the actual <br />content...What I get is:<br /><br />Updates - Version 7.0<br />Adobe DNG Converter and Camera Raw 5.1 update   10.3MB   10/22/2008<br />Camera Raw 5.1 update  7.6MB  10/22/2008<br /><br />Then some files for version 4.0, 4.0 and 2.0<br /><br /><br />I guerss it could be too early for them to post it, but that seems kind of <br />strange. Is anyone else able to see a download link for the extra content <br />for PE7? Is it just me or everyone?<br /><br />Mark<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><Jarek_Dawson@adobeforums.com> wrote in message <br />news:59b6ef51.3@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />> Hi Mark,<br />><br />> The correct link is:<br />><br />> <a href=http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=101&platform=Windows><br />><br />> Please let me know if it works. I have the DVD as well but since I have <br />> not installed the 2nd DVD, I keep getting this notification (I have <br />> preferred not to choose "Don't show again", just as a reminder).<br />> On my system the link shows up correctly. Looks like a late bug fix :)<br />><br />> -Jarek
                    • 7. Re: additional content for downloaded PE7 licensed version
                      Level 1
                      Ok cool...
                      But whatever downloaded build you have does it not contain a "Templates" folder? If yes, there should be a Setup.exe file within it. It installs templates and other content.

I am not sure whether the build you have obtained is in the zipped form or not.
                      • 8. Re: additional content for downloaded PE7 licensed version
                        YES! I'm still at a loss as to where the template file is??? None of these links have anything specific that says "templates." I see the updates but I'm more interested in the templates.

PLEASE HELP!!
                        • 10. Re: additional content for downloaded PE7 licensed version
                          Level 1
                          I have opened a ticket about it, hopefully they will give an eta on when the <br />additional content will be made available for download.<br /><br />Its frustrating to only have the one goofy dvd template available, but I am <br />hoping its only short term.<br /><br />Mark<br /><br /><br /><br /><Greg_W_Novak@adobeforums.com> wrote in message <br />news:59b6ef51.7@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />> YES! I'm still at a loss as to where the template file is??? None of these <br />> links have anything specific that says "templates." I see the updates but <br />> I'm more interested in the templates.<br />><br />> PLEASE HELP!!
                          • 11. Re: additional content for downloaded PE7 licensed version
                            Level 1
                            I received a response from Adobe support. despite the dialog box which pops <br />up, in fact the process to download the additional content is as follows <br />(note this is only for purchased software - I don't think this will appear <br />for the downloaded demo):<br /><br />at adobe.com, go to "your account"<br />View order History<br />(select the order)<br />pick the "your downloads" tab<br />on my system I see two, the 658mb PE7 and the 2.7gb PE7 content<br /><br />Mark<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><MarkButler@adobeforums.com> wrote in message <br />news:59b6ef51.-1@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />> Anyone know how to download the additional content? I d/l PE7, purchased a<br />> license and it says:<br />><br />> A reduced set of content (Instant movie Themes, Title and menu Templates,<br />> etc) has been installed. To install the full content set, please insert <br />> your<br />> program DVD and run InstallContent.exe<br />><br />> if you do not have a program DVD please visit<br />> http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=101platform=Windows<br />> to download the content installer.<br />><br />><br />><br />> The link shown doesn't work, it just returns a null page. When i go to the<br />> general downloads page, I can't find any kind of additional content <br />> download<br />> for PE7, just the trial.<br />><br />> Anyone know what the actual link is?<br />><br />> Mark<br />>