1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 14, 2008 2:54 PM by Steve Grisetti

clips I'm not working on are moving

I have had premiere elements 4 and have done some wonderful stuff with it. However, there are times when I'm working on a clip, such as adding effects, cutting, etc, and it will affect clips I'm not working on, even when they're on different tracks. For example, I'm shooting a music video for my son and we were completely done and was adding the 5 second title info at the beginning and when we watched the "final" product, the audio and video got out of sync 10-15 seconds after the title and on a different track altogether. There have been instances where I've worked on a clip and later in the video there will be cuts and gaps in clips nowhere close to where I was working. Is it a glitch or am I doing something wrong? I lost 8 hours of work on my son's video. HELP!
        • 1. Re: clips I'm not working on are moving
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
          Hard to say without knowing what you're doing, David.

But, by default, the timeline will "ripple" -- moving aside clips as you add or remove others. And, in most cases, this is what you want (Otherwise, if you added a clip at the beginning, the other clips wouldn't stay in sync when you inserted it).

To override that, hold down the Ctrl key as you add new clips.

And definitely work in timeline mode rather than sceneline mode.