5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2008 7:34 PM by Steve Grisetti

Faster way to burn to Blu-ray

Level 1
      Is there a faster way to burn a Blu-ray disc? Premiere takes forever to just
      a test file that is around 7 min.
        • 1. Re: Faster way to burn to Blu-ray
          Paul_LS Level 4
          Faster processor??? What spec is your computer, the Blu-ray rendering is very processor intensive. You really need a minimum of a dual-core... preferably a quad-core.
          • 2. Re: Faster way to burn to Blu-ray
            Level 1
            <Paul_LS@adobeforums.com> wrote in message <br />news:59b71598.0@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />> Faster processor??? What spec is your computer,<br /><br />8 gigs of memory, Vista 32 bit UL, dual core.<br /><br /><br /><br />the Blu-ray rendering is very processor intensive. You really need a minimum <br />of a dual-core... preferably a quad-core.
            • 3. Re: Faster way to burn to Blu-ray
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
              How fast are your dual-core processors and have you optimized Vista's performance?

I wouldn't recommend HDV work on less than 2.0 ghz dual-cores.

And, even, burning a BluRay could take a while. Remembering, you're dealing with four times the video data of standard DV and much higher compression. And then, of course, BluRay discs can hold over 5 times the data of DVDs, so that can take longer to burn too.

Still, can you be more specific about the "forever" it's taking, Loretta? Is your 7 minute project taking even half an hour to burn?
              • 4. Re: Faster way to burn to Blu-ray
                Level 1
                I have a 2.10 Ghz. 8 gigs ram. Vista UL. 32 bit. If I remove all the bells <br />and whistles in Vista could that make it go faster?<br /><br /><br /><br /><grisetti_steve@adobeforums.com> wrote in message <br />news:59b71598.2@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />> How fast are your dual-core processors and have you optimized Vista's <br />> performance?<br />><br />> I wouldn't recommend HDV work on less than 2.0 ghz dual-cores.<br />><br />> And, even, burning a BluRay could take a while. Remembering, you're <br />> dealing with four times the video data of standard DV and much higher <br />> compression. And then, of course, BluRay discs can hold over 5 times the <br />> data of DVDs, so that can take longer to burn too.<br />><br />> Still, can you be more specific about the "forever" it's taking, Loretta? <br />> Is your 7 minute project taking even half an hour to burn?
                • 5. Re: Faster way to burn to Blu-ray
                  Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
                  Of course. That's why we posted this FAQ at the top of our forum.
                  http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bc448a7

Just don't expect miracles. As we said, you're dealing with pretty large files.

BTW, we're also assuming your creating that BluRay from video from an HDV camcorder. If it's from another source (such as photos) you're dealing with a whole different set of issues.