3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2008 1:24 AM by (Kami-Kaze)

Premeire folders

What's with all the folder associated with PE7? I mean every time I look in my documents there are folders (autosave,preview,encoded, and media folders) that seem to appear at random.. Can someone please give me a tip or 2 on organizing my folders? thanks again!
        • 1. Re: Premeire folders
          hpharley90
          Read this FAQ from PE1.

It's still the same.

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bbc8177
          • 2. Re: Premeire folders
            Ed.Macke Level 3
            I do something a little different:

I create a project folder (e.g. "c:\My Documents>My Videos>Home Movies"). All captured video (DV-AVI) goes in this folder. I don't do captured audio separately, but if I did it would go to this directory as well. I'll also create subdirectories such as "output", "audio", etc.

On a second drive, I've created an Adobe temp area, "x:\adobe". Everything except "Captured Video" and "Captured Audio" goes to x:\adobe (which can be set in Edit > Preferences > Scratch Disks"). I put it on a separate physical drive for performance reasons, but if I only had one physical drive, I'd still create a separate folder.

My logic here is that my project file contains everything that is actually used by the project. My scratch files are the temporary files used by Adobe.

So, here's my setup
            *c:\my documents>my videos\archived projects - when a project is finished, I'll archive it to this directory
            *c:\my documents>my videos\home movies - holds AVI, PREL files
            *c:\my documents>my videos\home movies\output - holds exported AVI
            *c:\my documents>my videos\home movies\audio - holds WAV and MP3 files (background music, sound effects, etc.)
            *c:\my documents>my videos\dvd\home movies\dvd 1 (or 2, 3, etc) - this is the directory I create my DVD files in. If I ever need to create another copy of a DVD, I point Nero to the appropriate subfolder. Actually, I store the Nero project in these folders, too, so I can just open Nero, open a project, and click "Burn".

*x:\adobe\media cache files - not sure of the name, this is a subdirectory created and maintained by PRE
            *x:\adobe\video preview - not sure of the name, this is a subdirectory created and maintained by PRE
            *x:\adobe\audio preview - not sure of the name, this is a subdirectory created and maintained by PRE
            • 3. Re: Premeire folders
              Level 1
              Thats cool organization Ed.
              Curiel, you could try and set up the scratch disc as per your preference and then it should work fine.