5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 24, 2008 9:19 PM by (editmachine)

How do I DELETE a theme?

I applied a theme to my project and at first really like it, so I saved it -but after I watched it a few times it had cut out some of my favorite parts of my clips and is just too busy for me. I found the folders under the projects button -I deleted the instant movie file and it's folder, but it is still there when I play it. Also-I didn't save my original work before applying the theme-can I get my original clips back??? HELP!!!
        • 1. Re: How do I DELETE a theme?
          Paul_LS Level 4
          I think the only way is to delete the theme from the timeline.. so you will need tos tart your project over.
          • 2. Re: How do I DELETE a theme?
            Level 1
            What if you wanted to try out different themes.... once you choose one is that it?
            • 3. Re: How do I DELETE a theme?
              Paul_LS Level 4
              You can make multiple themes in a single project. So select your clips and apply a theme. Then select the same clips and apply another theme... and so on. Note you can "expand" the theme on the timeline to see all the associated clips and effects and modify them.
              • 4. Re: How do I DELETE a theme?
                Robert J. Johnston Level 2
                Once you save and close your project, then you can't restore it to the way it was before you applied the theme. But until then, the only way to remove a theme that I know is to press CTRL-Z (undo).
                • 5. Re: How do I DELETE a theme?
                  Level 1
                  There are two ways to apply a theme.
                  1) You can select clips in the Organiser and then apply a theme. This would use the clips selected in the Organiser as source and create a Instant Movie and put it on the timeline.

In this case if you save and close the project, you would have to delete the timeline and then choose the same set of clips from the organiser and move on.

2) You can apply theme on the already edited timeline. (But in this case you have to make sure that you are keeping the "AutoEdit" option OFF / or it would remove the ordering of your clips). Once you save this project and close and reopen it, you cannot get back your original edited timeline. In this case you have to make sure that you have a backup of your original project for reverting back.

As Robert mentioned, in the same session, you can use the UNDO button for previewing multiple themes.