5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2008 8:58 AM by Steve Grisetti

Preroll Effects

I'm applying zoom in and zoom out effects to still images but there is a slight pause before the image zooms. Is the "preroll" feature in Preferences suppose to preroll the image to avoid this pause? I've tried changing the setting from 2 seconds to 5 and it doesn't affect it......is there a way to eliminate this annoying pause?
        • 1. Re: Preroll Effects
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
          When you say zoom in and zoom out effects, are you talking about presets, transitions or pans and zooms you've created?

Presets and pans and zooms you've created can be adjusted by changing the positions of the keyframes. Right-click on the clip on your timeline and select Properties.

There is information on working with keyframing in my free Steve's Tips article on the free products page at http://www.muvipix.com. I can direct you to it if you'd like.

And there's a more detailed discussion in my Premiere Elements 7 book, which I can also direct you to if you'd like.
          • 2. Re: Preroll Effects
            Level 1
            It was working on Preset zooms, and upon investigating properties, I see how to make it a smooth transition.

I guess this is were I should create a custom preset with this slight modification to the zoom?
            • 3. Re: Preroll Effects
              I'm still not sure which method you're using for this zoom, so I don't know how to answer your question, 2. Sorry.
              • 4. Re: Preroll Effects
                Level 1
                The method I'm using is the Preset Zoom Out Effect.
                • 5. Re: Preroll Effects
                  If you right-click on the clip and select Show Properties, and then open the Properties timeline, you'll see the keyframe. By sliding them, you can adjust when then this movement starts.

As I said above, my free Steve's Tips at Muvipix.com will illustrate how keyframing works and how to adjust the movement.