2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2008 10:23 PM by (titanic)

Will PE3 work with HD video camera?

I'm wanting to purchase a video camera from that records in HD. Can I import this video into PE3, edit it and export to DVD as digital video only? I have a Panasonic camera that records to mini dv tapes and is not digital that I usually use PE3 with, but would like to buy my 13 year old an inexpensive camera to start with. The camera I'm looking at is
      Save $74 when you buy this camcorder package:

SKU 8940015: camcorder
      SKU 8554799: memory card
      SKU 6998591: tripod
      SKU 7184496: case

Features
      Camcorder features: 64MB internal memory; high definition; 8x digital zoom; 3" swivel LCD display; 5.0MP still image capture; 1/2.5" CMOS image sensor; digital image stabilization system
      Kingston Technology 4GB SDHC memory card
      Dynex� mini tripod: legs extend from 3.75" to 6.25"
      Lowepro Ridge 30 black nylon pouch: water resistant; soft tricot inner lining; zippered front pocket
      Special package savings of $74 (discounted from individual-item total: reg. price $203.96 - $74.00 instant savings = $129.96 final price)
      Best Buy's Bundle Return Policy applies to this package purchase. Items in package may ship separately.

Thanks for any help. Also other suggestions for a camcorder would be appreciated. She is 13 and enjoy's using my Panasonic when allowed. Don't need anything fancy and prefer Mini dv tapes, but not a deal breaker. Thanks.