3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 24, 2008 11:03 PM by (editmachine)

Cleaning PE4 and deleting mcdb files

Hi

I have had problems with PE4 giving the "premier elements.exe has stopped working message" about 75% of the way through burning a project to folder or DVD.

I have followed all the advice on here, and followed advice from adobe technical support but all to no avail.

Originally I had the problem on a previous PC. I now have new Dell XPS420 and transferred my old files using microsoft backup/restore and the problem has transferred along with all the files. My projects burn fine on a friends PC so I know that the problem is not with the project itself.

Anyway to cut a long story short adobe have sent me a copy of PE7 to try. Before install it I want to clean all the PE4 files off and have a clean installation. I have uninstalled PE4 and then done a simple file search on the word "premier". This reveals lots of files left on my system. The bulk of these have extension .avi.mcdb. adobe tech support gave a fairly vague answer on whether I should delete these.

Can anyone advise what .mcdb files are, and whether I can safely delete them.

Also I have the following files left. Can I safely delete these also?
      workingset.prsl
      tempworkingset.prsl
      notifications.dat
      preferences.dat
      cache.dat
      entry.dat
      entry0.dat
      entry1.dat
      entry2.dat

Many thanks
      Paul