5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2008 1:36 AM by (Mark_Zwaan)

how to add transitions to several clips

I'm trying to use premiere elements to quickly create great looking slideshows. I've finally discovered how to use the standard transition. You have to drop several pictures at once into the sceneline and choose to add them as a group (I'm using the Dutch version, so I'm not sure what it is called in the English version).
      But I'm still trying to figure out how to add a transition to several clips at the same time, after I've added them to my slideshow. So far I've had no luck. Selecting several clips before dropping a transition has no effect. And there's also no 'aply to selected clips' when you select several clips and select a transition. Having to manually add a certain transition to a dozen clips is rather annoying. So is there a quicker way of doing this?
        • 1. Re: how to add transitions to several clips
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
          When you select your slideshow pictures from the project media panel, right-click on the group and select Create Slideshow.

This tool will automatically create the slideshow for you, and it includes the option to add a transition between all the clips or stills.
          • 2. Re: how to add transitions to several clips
            Paul_LS Level 4
            Note you can not do this when the photos are on the Timeline/Sceneline
            • 3. Re: how to add transitions to several clips
              Level 1
              I've tried this, but when I right-click I don't get an option to create a slideshow. From top to bottom I get: edit, remove, show details, show mediatype, stack, smart tags and InstantMovie. You might be referring to Instantmovie but I don't like it because I can't choose the transitions myself.
              • 4. Re: how to add transitions to several clips
                Paul_LS Level 4
                Note, you do not select the media from the Organizer Bin. You need to go to Edit, Project and then select all the media you want in your slideshow from within the Project Media Bin and then right click on the media, select Create Slideshow.
                • 5. Re: how to add transitions to several clips
                  Level 1
                  I've just discovered how I can do what I wanted to do. I have to start by running Photoshop Elements select creat and choose 'slideshow'. Then I can select the pictures I want to use and choose a standard transition and I can also aply an automatic Pan and Zoom effect. From within Photoshop Elements I can select the exact transitions I want to change and choose a new transition. This was not possible when using Premiere Elements. When I'm satisfied I can select 'send to Premiere Elements' and then add a theme and decide where I want the menu's to be. I have been trying to do this all from within Elements, but it's become clear that it wasn't designed to work like that. I'm glad I bought the Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements combination package. They work well together, but it takes some experimenting. Thanks for pointing out some things I missed!!