4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2008 10:29 AM by (MarkButler)

Problems with eps and vob files

Hi!

Yesterday I copied a DVD into a PE7 project and that worked perfect. PE7 could use the vob files, and it was possible for me to edit and cut with them.

Then I restarted my PC and opened the same PE7. Then PE7 could'nt recognise the files and said that they were incompaitble with PE7.

Any other who have experienced the same and have a solution for me?

I also got the same problem with eps files.

Thx for any help.

Norway.
        • 1. Re: Problems with eps and vob files
          the_wine_snob Level 9
          Why PE will see/use the VOB one time, but not the next, is a mystery to me.

For the EPS, I'd open them in either Photoshop or Illustrator. From there, Save_As and choose either .PSD (Photohsop), or .AI (Illustrator). EPS files are basically Postscript printing files, that contain a lot of printer info, that is not necessary in an NLE. They can also be application specific, i.e. Photoshop EPS. If it will not open in one app., try the other.

Hunt
          • 2. Re: Problems with eps and vob files
            Robert J. Johnston Level 2
            That could happen if you were working with codecs. Some changes to codecs don't take effect until you reboot Windows. This is especially true of MPEG codecs from Mainconcept. Let's say you accidentally deleted, corrupted, or modifed a codec setting and everything seemed to work okay in Premiere Elements. But after rebooting, Premiere Elements no longer works as it did previously.

I would definitely do a repair install of Premiere Elements and see if that corrects it.
            • 3. Re: Problems with eps and vob files
              Level 1
              Thx for your answers.

I repaired my PE7 installation and then reinstallad Quicktime on my PC, then it worked again!!

I frist tried to just repair my PE7 installation, that wasn't enough.

It has to do with codecs, and they come at place again after the reinstllations.

Thanks again.

Norway.
              • 4. Re: Problems with eps and vob files
                Level 1
                Cool! one more item for my toolbox. I've not been able to import vob files. <br />I don't know why but every single time it says there is a problem with the <br />file and I've tried it on 10 dvd's now. I end up importing via <br />mpeg_streamclip (with no problems) and then working with the .dv files - <br />works ok, although they are 10 times the size of the vob's...go figure.<br /><br />Mark<br /><br /><br /><Kjetta@adobeforums.com> wrote in message <br />news:59b72005.2@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />> Thx for your answers.<br />><br />> I repaired my PE7 installation and then reinstallad Quicktime on my PC, <br />> then it worked again!!<br />><br />> I frist tried to just repair my PE7 installation, that wasn't enough.<br />><br />> It has to do with codecs, and they come at place again after the <br />> reinstllations.<br />><br />> Thanks again.<br />><br />> Norway.