5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2008 6:32 AM by Steve Grisetti

PE 7 stops working

Level 1
      Seems that this big was in previous versions.
      When creating menus, th eprogram stops working "PE 7 has encountered a problem".
      When I go to auto play-no menus- no problem.

ANY ANSWERS?
        • 1. Re: PE 7 stops working
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
          It's usually a resource issue on your end.

But it's hard to say without knowing how long your movie is, what you're using for source files, what operating system you're using, if you're using a laptop or a desktop, how fast your processor is, how much RAM you have and how much free, defragmented space is on your hard drive.
          • 2. Re: PE 7 stops working
            Level 1
            Windows Vista, Dell XPS 420 desktop ,Intel core 2Quad CPU@2.40GHz--4.00GB RAM, the movie is 1 hour 15 minutes long. I defragmented the drive but do not know how much is un defragmented. My average WEI score is 5.5 with no component less than 5.5
            I also did all of the optimizing tips in the FAQs as per your response to another user. I DO have Norton, but have turned it off for the time I work with PE7. Do I have to remove it?
            • 3. Re: PE 7 stops working
              Some people have no problems with it. Most people do. That's why there are instructions for removing this bloatware.
              http://savemybutt.com/nortonremoval.php
              • 4. Re: PE 7 stops working
                Level 1
                Steve,
                An update.
                Removed Norton, installed Avasti-no problems. Have realized that I had a slide show with 700photos at 3 seconds + video-PE& could not habdle so much and quality of slide show was poor-reduced them to 500 nad much better. Also tried to burn with higher resolution (720) and PE7 didn't like that either.
                New question: Have been using MPEG Streamclip-excellent because PE7 would not rvrn load my vob files so have converted to avi files, 2 good things-can convert multiple clips into one,do not have to change field options, seems much more stable (I remember you wrote that vob file use a lot of resources-right?)
                One question. Have made a preset on MPEG Streamclip foe Apple/DV/NTSC
                What should the resolution be? 640x 480 4:3? I have the 720 radio button highlighted.
                Thanks for all your great help,
                Allen
                • 5. Re: PE 7 stops working
                  720x480 is 4:3, believe it or not. Since video pixels are only 90% as wide as they are tall (NTSC), 720x480 is a 4:3 picture.