This content has been marked as final. Show 6 replies
If you could not identify from organize then check teh files in project window.
Thanks for the suggestion. Here's the fanale on my saga...
I finally called Adobe Tech support. They determined there was a corrupted catalog file, so we renamed the old file and then when I opened PE7 or Photoshop 7 it created a new album and then I found media and it seems to be working OK now.
Thanks again for your suggestion!
As you found out, it's usually going to be a rough road, if one changes the drive letter in the middle of a Project. I use a lot of external drives with both the Project and Assets on them. I have the drive letter of each set to the same in each machine's OS, that I use. If I plug, say Y:\ into my laptop, I have it set to "Y:\" in the OS. If I take it to one of my workstations, I have it set to "Y:\" in the OS for each of those. This is OS dependent. If you do not set it the same in each copy of XP (my case), a new letter will be assigned from the available ones, and all sorts of grief can ensue.
Thanks - a lesson learned. That's why I named it my X: drive. I plan on keeping it as that no matter how many additional drives I get.
That is a good idea. Just remember to set it to X:\ in the OS of every machine, if it is an external.
I have a bunch of 2TB Maxtors that I move around quite a bit, and they are W:\ thru Z:\. Since I have one workstation, that has B:\ thru K:\ internally, I did as you, and went to the end of the alphabet.
Hope all goes smoothly from here on,
Thanks again (and to all) for your input. I've been on this forum for 3 days and have already learned so much!