3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2008 8:07 AM by (Jan_van_Kempen)

PE 7 DVD rom access problem

After installation og Premiere elements 7, my DVD rom and DVD burner drive could not be used anymore. Error "cannot load or damaged driver code 39"
      Deinstallation did not helped only with window repairpoint to point before installation of Premiere worked, with lost information.
      System:
      Windows XP home SP3
      Dual processor pentium4 2.6 GHz
      1 G RAM
      Toshiba DVD rom
      Nec DVD RW

What causes this problem? And how can I avoid this with installting Premiere 7?
        • 1. Re: PE 7 DVD rom access problem
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
          I've never heard of Premiere Elements breaking a drive, Jan. Might be worth a call to Adobe Tech Support though.
          http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bbe7d56

Meantime, have you tried refreshing the driver?

Right-click My Computer, select Properties, then Hardware, then Device Manager. Open the CD/DVD devices listing and right-click and uninstall the hardware.

Windows will automatically install fresh ones in a few minutes.

Also, be sure to go to Windows Update and press the Custom button. This will give you access to Microsoft's non-critical updates, which you can then install manually.
          • 2. Re: PE 7 DVD rom access problem
            <Jan_van_Kempen@adobeforums.com> wrote in message<br />news:59b72746.-1@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI<br />> After installation og Premiere elements 7, my DVD rom and<br />> DVD burner drive could not be used anymore. Error "cannot<br />> load or damaged driver code 39"<br /><br />Was that for reading, burning or both?
            • 3. Re: PE 7 DVD rom access problem
              Level 1
              I'll be follow your suggestion to make a call to adobe.

Ofcoars i've tried to refress the driver, and allso to reinstall the hardware.

Í could not access the drives for both reading or burning