1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 9, 2008 5:19 PM by Steve Grisetti

PE3 Menus to PE7

Back when I owned just PE3 I purchased some DVD menus. I just recently upgraded to PE7 with Photoshop and would like to be able to use these menus again. I copied the folder containing the football menus into the DVD templates folder, and PE7 doesn't recognize the folder. Is it possible to bring these menus over, do I just convert them in Photoshop, or am I just stuck buying new menus or creating my own?
        • 1. Re: PE3 Menus to PE7
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
          The structure of version 3's templates is very different than for versions 4 and 7, John. So, unfortunately, version 3's templates can't be used in version 7 without some modification.

If you open a template for each in Photoshop Elements, you'll be able to see how each version uses layer sets differently.

It's not terribly hard to modify one for the other, but it can be daunting until you find your way around. My Steve's Tips articles on DVD template editing, available in the products area at http://www.muvipix.com walk you through the structure how to modify or create your own templates.