5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2008 7:51 PM by Robert J. Johnston

Narration

When I am narrating in Premiere Elements, my voice comes out garbled like it is repeating or ecohing. When I use Windows sound recorder the voice is ok. I must have a setting incorrect but I cant seem to correct it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You
        • 1. Re: Narration
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
          What happens if you turn down your speakers when you record your narration?

It sounds like you're getting delayed feedback.
          • 2. Re: Narration
            Level 1
            grisetti,
            I have tried that and the result is the same. As I mentioned, when I use Windows sound recorder, the sound comes out fine so I am assuming that the problem is with Premiere.
            • 3. Re: Narration
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
              First, make sure your audio card's firmware and RealTek drivers are up to date. This is very important!
              http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3c057647/2

Second, if the problem persists, go to Premiere Elements Edit/Preferences/Audio Hardware, click the ASIO settings button and make sure everything is set up correctly.
              • 4. Re: Narration
                Level 1
                grisetti,

I think that my drivers are up to date. I went into ASIO and had no idea if things are set up correctly. I have experimented some and possibly messed things up worse than they were. Is there a way to default the program to all of its original settings? If not, would a re install be the way to go? Would I lose any of my presentations by doing that. As you can tell, I am not a computer guru. Need some advice.

Thanks again
                • 5. Re: Narration
                  Robert J. Johnston Level 2
                  The instructions are on the Record Voice Narration dialog that pops up after you click "Add Narration." It says to lower input level
                  volume slider. The slider is not a record level slider, it is a volume slider. Slide the slider all the way down.