4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 19, 2008 11:34 AM by Paul_LS

Nero 9 or Unlead DVD MovieFactory Plus??

shiskowd
      Looking for a versatile program to assist with AVCHD file management (creating AVCHD DVD's and converting AVCHD to MPEG-2 that PE7 can more easily manage). I can download a trial of each but would rather than some feedback from users on which tool (or others) is most useful (I'm lazy). Thanks!
        • 1. Re: Nero 9 or Unlead DVD MovieFactory Plus??
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
          This one definitely might be worth posting to the Muvipix forum, Devin.
          http://muvipix.com/phpBB3/

You're more likely to find people with this level of experience there.
          • 2. Re: Nero 9 or Unlead DVD MovieFactory Plus??
            Paul_LS Level 4
            I use both for creating AVCHD DVDs. If you intend to export from PE7 as a H.264 file and wish to burn to AVCHD DVD without re-rendering (ie with smart-rendering) then I would recommend the ULEAD product, NERO will re-render the clips. If you want to burn unedited clips then either will do.. both smart-render raw AVCHD .m2ts files.
            The menus are limited to "standard"... ie only photo thumbnails for AVCHD discs in ULEAD... however in NERO you can use 3D menus.
            Also note you will need to buy the additional HD/Blu-ray plugins for either product (maybe not essential with the NERO).
            • 3. Re: Nero 9 or Unlead DVD MovieFactory Plus??
              the_wine_snob Level 9
              Paul LS,

That is good info to have, when shooting AVCHD material.

Thanks for sharing it here.

One caveat that I would offer: if one goes with Nero, do a Custom Install and do NOT install the InCD modules. I believe that these are called DLA with Roxio, but I could have the two reversed. This means no drag-and-drop packet-writing modules will be installed. If they are, one will likely have major problems burning from any Adobe products, PE, PP or Encore. I do not think that Ulead has these packet-writing modules, but could be wrong there.

Hunt
              • 4. Re: Nero 9 or Unlead DVD MovieFactory Plus??
                Paul_LS Level 4
                Totally agree... infact I have NERO installed on a seperate partition just to be safe... although it should only really be the InCD component that gives problems.