4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 22, 2008 6:19 AM by A.T. Romano

DIsk Menus Premiere Elements 4

I have created a disk (and chapter) menus for a Premiere Elements 4 file but it will not "apply/done" and be saved to complete the project. The rest of the project is complete. Please guide me...
      Thanks Amanda
        • 1. Re: DIsk Menus Premiere Elements 4
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
          Can you be more specific what you're doing and what's not happening?

You've created your DVD markers -- but have you gone to the DVD Menus tab and selected a template? And, if so, how are you selecting it? What happens if you double-click on it or drag it onto the Disc Layout monitor window?
          • 2. Re: DIsk Menus Premiere Elements 4
            Level 1
            Yes sorry it was not clear - I have dragged the template onto the disk layout window and can see the changes in text etc as I would like it to be. I can also see my chapters as I would like. I cannot go from there... when I click apply/done, nothing happens - or even when I try to complete - render and burn - it doesn't apply either. I have been successful previously in other programmes. Thank you for your quick reply.
            • 3. Re: DIsk Menus Premiere Elements 4
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
              So you're saying that you believe you're successfully applying a DVD template -- but for some reason, when you go to Share/Disc the DVD you're outputting doesn't have a menu on it?
              • 4. Re: DIsk Menus Premiere Elements 4
                A.T. Romano Level 7
                Amanda,

Just need to clear up one important point....these DVD Menus that you are working with, are they the Premiere Elements 4 DVD Templates that:

a. came with Premiere Elements 4 and you left as is and are working with those
                or
                b. you edited all within Premiere Elements 4 (text font, background, audio, moved around some text blocks, etc)
                or
                c. you created from scratch within one of the Photoshop programs (such as CS, CS2, CS3, CS4) and brought the created menu (.psd) into the DVD Templates Folder in the Premiere Elements 4 Program Files
                or
                d. came from your editing of its .psd from the Premiere Elements 4 Program Files/DVD Templates and then bringing that into the appropriate Premiere Elements 4 Program Files

If your answer is either c or d, then go back to the .psd and check your Layers Palette structure. What you described has happened to me if one or more of the .psd features are off.

Whatever the case, I would suggest that, if you have not been doing so, to Preview the DVD before going on to Burn to Disc.